I feel a bit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
...fucked up right now.

Today was my first day in 11th grade and I really want to be smaller again. :scream: I don't want to take the responibility of making notes during classes cos the teachers don't write anything on the blackboard anymore. I want others to tell me what to do. :reject:

But then in the next moment I think that I don't need teachers who tell me everything cos I'll get it on my own as well. :scream:

Does anybody out there feel like that sometimes? :sad:

FallingStar said:

Does anybody out there feel like that sometimes? :sad:

Totally. I think your last few years of high school/first years of college are a really confusing time. It's like one moment you want to be an adult and you're sick of having silly rules and regulations you have to comply with at school...and then the next minute you get sorta freaked out by the idea that you're meant to be "grown up" or whatever, and you wish you were about five years younger again.

It does get better though, I promise. And maybe 'cause it's the start of the school year, everything is a bit confusing and unsettled anyway, which doesn't help you to feel any better.

It really does get better!

You just need some more popcorn, sweetie! :D

No, seriously, becoming an adult and having control over your own decisions is a wonderful thing. It takes a while, and what's happening now is a step forward in that process. It is hard at first, but you can do it!! :wave:

FallingStar said:
...Does anybody out there feel like that sometimes? :sad:

I'm in my 5th year of college, and I often feel like that. But don't worry--you'll be just fine. :)

Im in my last year of grammar school and I hate having to do so much work- its a LOT of pressure and with my not-so-good exam results in french im really freakin out because i have to get REALLY high this years exams so when the marks are added together i get a good grade

But I have no faith in the exam board who gave me a REALLY low oral mark 52/90 while in my spanish i got 88/90 and i did better in my french- so i put in for a remark after my teacher said i should have done a lot better but im totally gonna crack too much pressure :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

And our school we have no privilages as 6th years- our uniform rules are so strict- your skirt has to be a certain length, you cant open your top button, you always have to wear a heavy woollen blazer even in assemblys when its hot, you even have to ask to go to the bathroom in free classes, and now they arent even letting us go to the bathroom during them- but we are all 17/18 and they r ruling our lives I cant take being told what to do and it REALLY REALLY annoys me :grumpy: :grumpy:

thank goodness for less than 6 months of school left :yes:

I won't eat YOUR popcorn!

martha said:
No, seriously, becoming an adult and having control over your own decisions is a wonderful thing. It takes a while, and what's happening now is a step forward in that process. It is hard at first, but you can do it!! :wave:
:reject: I'm afraid... :sad:

SALT!

martha said:
Of course you are, and that's okay! It's a huge step, but if you take it a few steps at a time, it's not so bad.

:slant:......................:rolleyes:..................really?

Back
Top Bottom