I am a virgin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joerags

War Child
I am a virgin. I think I am the only person I know who is still a virgin. I will turn 33 this year. I am a virgin, not by choice. I have never had a girlfriend because I really am not good-looking.

But am I the only virgin? Are there other virgins over 25? If so, why are you still a virgin?

I'm not over 25, but still a proud member of the V-team. It's a personal choice I made for myself. First of all, I didn't date during high school and never cared to. Also, I just don't feel like having to deal with the possibility of pregnancy or STDs. I don't want to have to be telling guys they have to get checked before I'm OK w/ moving on. Birth control is really expensive (insurance doesn't cover it if it's for birth control purposes). It hasn't been hard for me and I've never regretted making that choice. One of the dumbest arguements I've heard in favor of having sex for the sake of sex is "well, since you're in a committed relationship, won't you want some experience before you get married?" Um, hello, there are a GAZILLION things you can do besides actual sex between kissing and intercourse! I'm confident with my body and my sexuality and that's enough for right now.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're interested in a relationship, don't focus on looks. If you keept telling yourself you're not good looking enough, then you won't even try to put yourself out there. Confidence and individuality is attractive, low self-esteem is not.

I am a 23 year old proud virgen, Im holding out until marriage, because it is what I believe.

And like livluv said, it's all about confidence!

would a born-again count? seriously, it's been quite some time since I last had a frollick - the scary part is that I don't seem to be missing it too much. I worry about this, because I just turned 30 recently, so I ought not to be this chaste.

I believe I'm worrying purely because something in the airwaves tells me I should be worrying. If I ignore the external influence, I'm actually rather content at this moment.

yep, lines are blurry when to pay attention to societal norms, and when to skip them.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
come on... i was 16. she's lucky she got 2 minutes.

Hmm.. including the undressing and dressing, it sounds like you gave her the best 30 seconds a girl could want!

Not a virgin.. however I do wish I could take back a lot of things I have done. Was a virgin till 19 which was late by my friends standards. I do admire people whe can hold out till they are ready. With the right person, sex is great. With the wrong person, its led to some of the worst experiences ever.

Even though i was close to having sex few times, i am still in V-team. And i feel ashamed of it. To tell the truth i am afraid of it. And defitintely, i didnt meet the right person yet. Anyone afraid of having S..?:huh:

Im not a virgin, but I wish I had been before I met my husband. I can only imagine that the closeness that we share now would only be better if we were the only ones each other had slept with. But such is life. We do stuff that we regret.

I used to have a great deal for birth control. Free. :yes: Free exams, free pills/patch/shot/ whatever

But then I got married to somebody who actually makes money so I couldnt do that anymore:wink:
I tell you, it was a hard thing forking over the cash for seasonale. Expecially becuase it feels like a lot more when you buy it every 3 months. Thankfully Im finally on his insurance so it should cover at least a little bit of it.
The problem with it is theres no generic form of it :madspit:
I think women got a bum deal in the B.C. department

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Confidence and individuality is attractive, low self-esteem is not.

But if you are fat, bald and ugly, I don't care how confident you are, you will never get laid. (unless you pay for sex).

How many times are you going to tell Windmillane to stop it? He's going to keep doing it over and over. It's ridiculous! His shtick is getting annoying.

This thread got derailed quickly. :uhoh:

U2Girl1978 said:
How many times are you going to tell Windmillane to stop it? He's going to keep doing it over and over. It's ridiculous! His shtick is getting annoying.

This thread got derailed quickly. :uhoh:
unfortunately all i can really do is tell him to quit and close the threads if need be. the admins could take further action if they felt it was necessary :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom