2005 has sucked so far...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Macphisto

War Child
...it really has. Ever since New Years, nothing exciting has happened, and I feel like I have fallen out of the loop with my friends (i.e. it feels like they aren't even my friends at all and could care less about me). Sometimes it just kinda feels like i am being used by everyone so they can hang out with my "cooler" older brother. To top it off, my 2.5 year relationship ended last October, so that makes me even more lonely. I just started at a new college, and since i am the "new guy" no one seems to want to reach out to me and befriend me (i assume b/c they feel safe, already having friends and all).

I am just overly dissapointed and depressed with life right now. Can anyone think of any real, hard-hitting advice? I wish I could just wipe all the shit from the last year clean and really make something of my self, but it all just seems so overwhelming. I need to do something to get a feeling of self-worth, and worrying about whether my friends like me or not doesn't seem to be the ticket. Should I not worry about being fitting in? Are friends even really necessary to be happy?

Someone help me out here... I am obviously quite a deranged young man.

not deranged

You're NOT deranged. Ok, you may be (I don't know you). But your post reminds me of myself all too much. Trust me-- once you build your own community of friends, it sorta becomes like a fortress. Nothing to fear, buddy.

And as far as your longtime relationship goes, all I can contribute is this: seasons ebb and flow much as life does. Summer is only a few months away. Look up.

Doubt that helps, but hope it did. Puzzles get solved with time.

yeah, well, my 2005 is wonderful, too.

This will be 13 consecutive nights being up late, up past 1AM.

There so much going on, and so little I can do. I hate it. Don't mean to vent, but, I guess it's safer to do it here.

=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Listen, all you need to be happy is to understand that everything is basically as it should be. Learn from everything, all your expereinces, and be true to yourself. You'll find everything you need that way.

Be as honest as possible.

And just make the effort to do the right thing.

I guess that's all really general, but I'm sort of dealing with something at the moment.,,,,,

ehm,...sports club ?.or a hobby what you need to do with other people. From nothing comes nothing, how do can expect that people will reach out for you if you are doing nothing to reach out to them ?

I know , the fear of being rejected is awfull, but you are not happy now anyway.

its called the New Year's syndrome.. when alcohol is mixed with a fake sense of hope towards the next year, subject may be easily pulled into a state of depression as a reaction to even the slightest disappointment.

:eyebrow:

seriously, i dont think your friends dont care about you, maybe you should just call them up and.. well, you know chat a bit, break the ice.

also, try joining some student clubs or activities (i had joined community projects, mountain climbing (!), fencing team and the radio station in my first year) you'll see how easy it is to make friends when you have something in common :) after all, isnt that what interference is all about as well?

I believe people need a change from time to time, hey I've had a different social circle since last year and it's all good my old mates I'm still friendly with, but we're not interested in doing the same things we did when we were younger ( people change) but good luck Dr. Mac with the rest of your year.

Hello there, I thank you for sharing this thread, I have been down in the dumps this week. But then I turn on the t.v and i see all the destruction that has gone in the world. I live in Los Angeles and we just had that huge storm hit us and I didn't have a leak, a mudslide, or lose a family member. I have alot to be grateful for. I didn't know anyone that was in the Tsunamis and I donated $50 for relief there. So I feel I was of service. I just wanted you to see how much you have it good. Like I do and The reality is that if I am not happy with me, then how can I be happy period. I need to accept myself and my life first and i also need a connection with my higher power. I don't know how you are spiritually but it is a must in my life. Especially staying sober one day at a time. Acceptance is the key to happiness.:wink: :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
An empty glass can only be filled up mate.

what if it falls off the table and breaks into a million pieces

what then?!?!

I run everyday to fight your feeling. Picking up an sport you can do by yourself can really keep you inline. Go for a walk even or a bike ride. Join an intramural club maybe, or other student group that is of interest to you. I transfered schools and it was hard at first too. It worked out for the best though. Hang in there. Remember that school is your priority in the mean time. Winter sucks in general, regardless of your situation. Anyhow, I hope you meet some cool new pals soon.

Chizip said:

what if it falls off the table and breaks into a million pieces

what then?!?!

then you be careful with the dust pan and broom and join the millions worse off than you previously, with no glass at all.
:angry:

it will be a year with many mistakes
just like last year
and the years before

pain & suffering are the new yin & yang

2005 hasn't been the best but it's been far better than 2004 so far. that doesn't say much but at least it's improvement. i'm trying to be optimistic.

:shifty: *knocks on wood*

Last edited:
It's already feeling like quite a lonely year for me.

But I guess I can hope 2006 will be better....

Melon

Back
Top Bottom