Post Your Scenic Photos 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm down in southern California at my Grandma's (with no internet! I'm at Starbucks right now...). On the way down I stopped by Hearst Castle and took a tour. Wow, what an amazing place! Here are a few pics:

Bronze Sculpture next to the Neptune Pool
IMG_9130web.jpg

View over the Pacific
IMG_9133web.jpg

The Neptune Pool
IMG_9137web.jpg

Marble Statue in the gardens
IMG_9153web.jpg

Flags hanging above the gothic dining hall
IMG_9177web.jpg

Indoor Roman Pool (drained of water). All the tiles that look like gold? Yup. 24-carat gold leaf. In a freaking swimming pool. :ohmy:
IMG_9184web.jpg

Wow nice pics. I visited Hearst Castle as a kid and I have vivid memories of how amazing it was. I remember there was water in that indoor pool, cool to see it empty like that.

I'm a major weather nerd, always looking for rare anomylies. This weekend I went to Kentucky with some dogs for a training workshop and on the way I saw an iridescence in Indiana. The pics suck b/c it was almost dusk and I just quick snapped through the window before it was too late. The color was better in person!

3361678478_4829e8d95b.jpg

3360860071_4116815ba3.jpg

We got to pick one of these four puppies. We picked the little girl on the right. Her name is Jordan. She snuggled up to me (which is funny b/c I'm not as ga-ga over puppies as the other girl who was with) and slept on my lap all the way home.
3359648175_f4095ec828.jpg

Working my dog in the Kentucky countryside.
3359647181_f2ab47e2e0.jpg

It was a fun weekend! Most of the dogs we trained were puppies so I have a gazillion puppy pics and few "scenic" pics b/c it was cloudy and drizzling most of the time.

:hyper: I'm so excited to have something worth contributing! These are some of the personal shots I took last week while working/vacationing in Antigua.

Mr. Blu & myself with English Harbor in the background.
AntiguaMarch09420_edited.jpg

I think this is my favorite. :cute: It was taken at Half Moon Bay.
AntiguaMarch09325.jpg

Horseback riding at Dickenson Bay (about a 20 minute walk from where we worked/stayed.) :drool:
AntiguaMarch09012.jpg

I finally entered the world of digital photography after holding on to my Pentax K1000 for years :reject: and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the result. Granted, I was working with gorgeous scenery & an idiot-proof camera, but I'm pretty proud of these shots none the less. :yes:

Sunset over English & Falmouth Harbours
AntiguaMarch09461.jpg

Playing around with the macro settings (wish I'd gotten the name of the flower! :doh: )
AntiguaMarch09632.jpg

Bouganvillea outside our cottage
AntiguaMarch09543.jpg

I think this is my best poster/post-card shot
AntiguaMarch09406.jpg

oh wow this looks like fun!!! :up: I had a horse a few years ago, but we have never been to the beach. :(
The ride down to the beach & back was actually better than the ride AT the beach. First, we had saddles for the ride down & back (they couldn't go in the water, so we had to take them off & go bareback.... not particular comfortable for someone who only rides occasionally :no: ); second, once I went to the trouble of unsaddling 'Nutmeg' & remounting without the help of stirrups (again, not something I was able to do with ease), then he got temperamental & decided he didn't want anything to do with the surf. :doh:
But that's OK, I'd jump on the chance to do it again in a flash. :heart:

^yeah I was wondering if you're a good rider, cause I wouldn't dare it without a saddle. :giggle: But it depends on what you're used to. Some can't sit up straight with saddle, and some are scared to fall off at any minute without saddle. :wink:

Beautiful pix! BluRmGrl, I think the orange flower may be hibiscus?

:hmm: I don't think so - the flowers are much smaller than what they appear in the photo. I was using my camera's macro setting, so you're actually looking at an extreme close-up of a small apple-sized cluster of blossoms.

Like I said, I forgot to ask what it was so I can neither confirm nor deny any suggestions. :D

Does anyone have any pics of cherry trees?

I frickin love cherry trees. :drool:

:lol: holy shit. I laughed out loud when I read the last line. :up: :up:

===

Some of my recent pictures:

I call these following pictures... The User's Manual to Trenching... :wink:
DSCN0340.jpg

DSCN0343.jpg

DSCN0346.jpg

Sorry... I had to vent. :reject:
Fricking back-breaking labor. :angry:

My parents went to Boston for a few days to visit my brother at Harvard. They took my camera and took some shitty pictures... but these were salvageable.
DSCN0318.jpg

DSCN0319.jpg

chanellenbeach.jpg

^ my friend and I on the beach (Lake Michigan was frozen over so I made my friends flock over haha)
I think this is a perfect "band" picture or something. I know, I'm pretty lame.

Back
Top Bottom