Nothing changes on New Year's Day... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
(and I was thinking wow not only is that an extremely competitive engineering ?exam....it's far away ! But then I just happen to glance band saw your location. Not so far relatively speaking.
It's still kinda far but I've spent a few years in India(i'm 1/8th Indian), so it's like a second home to me. And quite frankly, I'm not too interested in studying here. So, i'm just gonna leave Timor(possibly forever).

And yeah, it's extremely competitive. And for some streams there's an additional aptitude test(much harder). To make matters worse, there's the caste system. About 52% of the total seats are reserved for the so called 'underprivileged castes/tribes' So, less than half of the seats for the open category. That's FUCKED !

Anyways on the other side are the best colleges of India. And many of them figure in most lists of top engineering institutions of the world.

I've already had quite a few hiccups in the application process and I'm yet to know whether i'll actually be able to appear or not

If I do, i might have to redraft the NYRs.
It'll be something like

1. Study
2. Study
3. Study
10. Study

Old 12-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 07:28 AM

The last day of the decade.........

Yeah ! The decade didn't end in 2009. It'll end today. (2001-10). Many do disagree. But I believe that since there's no 0 A.D., this decade (and the new millennium) started in 2001. But who cares ?

Anyways, wish you a happy new year. May this New Year bring prosperity, love, happiness and delight in your life. And may this prosperity, love, happiness and delight last longer than the new year's resolutions.

Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others.

Tags
new year's resolutions