Would You Ever Want to Go to Space?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eventually we all are going to have to go to space, if we want to survive as a species that is.

so the earth will always be able to sustain human life forever and ever?

i was under the impression that stars (our sun) eventually die.

Interesting, however:

"But the [underwater] lasers are much different in color and
power than the type with which you are familiar -- and much more
expensive. They haven't been used too much, because of the cost and
difficulty of building them -- particularly since other cheaper
alternatives exist. "

So basically given deeps point that colonizing Mars is expensive, and then countered with the cost prohibitiveness of underwater lasers to defend against giant squids, I still feel Mars is the better plan. Awesome article though. Thanks.

since we are on the topic

in about 3 hours

I can drive abot 20 minutes

and see One of the first men to walk on the moon

One of the first men to walk on the moon, Buzz Aldrin, will meet fans and sign copies of his newest book at Borders on Tuesday.

The astronaut’s memoir, “Magnificent Desolation: The Long Journey Home from the Moon,” was released last week. This year marks the 40th anniversary of the historic moon landing.

Borders provides this description of Aldrin’s new book:

“With never-before-shared insights into the successes and failures of the U.S. space program, Buzz Aldrin tells the story of the Apollo 11 mission, as well as his life afterwards, including a frank account of his own descent into depression and alcoholism, and how true love helped him triumph over adversity and ultimately saved his life.”

No reservations are necessary for the 7 p.m. event. Borders is on the West Wing side of South Coast Plaza.

should I go?

YES. God YES. Space fascinates me, kind of in a "unknown place" way.

For the record, its VERY likely that other life forms exist. The universe is so friggin huge, your brain cannot even comprehend its vastness, so its pretty damn likely theres other stuff out there.

That said, I do not believe they have bug eyes and UFOs. :| I'd love to look into extra terrestrial life, but I know I'd get page after page of tripe about aliens probing people :doh:

Back
Top Bottom