Obama General Discussion, vol. 5 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-31-2015, 06:02 PM   #496
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,457
Local Time: 02:50 PM
http://bbc.in/1MY7Qmz

If Obama doesn't drink his own piss, I'm going to be very disappointed.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

__________________
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,223
Local Time: 04:50 PM
I wonder if Obama can see Putin from the top of Denali?
__________________

__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #498
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:50 PM
the Cuba policy shift and this

Senate Democrats Clear Way for Iran Nuclear Deal

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/us...nate.html?_r=0

is worthy on the Nobel prize Obama received
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Only 21% of Americans support the Iran deal. It seems very lopsided to me. We get very little out of it. The rhetoric from Iran has not changed because of it. If things go south in the future the Democrats will own the consequences.

Pew: Iran deal now supported by … just 21% of Americans « Hot Air
__________________
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #500
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,887
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Maine's Sen. Collins

A stronger Iran means a less secure America — Opinion — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine
__________________
Bluer White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,223
Local Time: 04:50 PM
TRUMP! was saying something the other day to the extent that if someone were to attack Iran, in accordance with this deal, the United States would have to defend them. I don't even know if this is true or not...
__________________
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #502
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Only 21% of Americans support the Iran deal. It seems very lopsided to me.
Well, the anti-deal propaganda has been strong before anyone even knew any details of the deal. Truly, it seems that many Republicans seem opposed to any diplomacy with Iran. And I would wager that most of the Americans opposed to the deal know very little about the actual specifics of it.

Quote:
We get very little out of it.
Says who?

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.672241

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...059_story.html
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #503
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,700
Local Time: 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Only 21% of Americans support the Iran deal. It seems very lopsided to me. We get very little out of it. The rhetoric from Iran has not changed because of it. If things go south in the future the Democrats will own the consequences.

Pew: Iran deal now supported by … just 21% of Americans « Hot Air

Like the Republicans own all the consequences of arming Saddam and Iran?

What do you know about the deal?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #504
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,887
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
TRUMP! was saying something the other day to the extent that if someone were to attack Iran, in accordance with this deal, the United States would have to defend them. I don't even know if this is true or not...
In July Secretary Kerry testified that the United States might have a role in protecting Iran's nuclear program from cyber attacks, but not physical attacks.

When pressed on the possibility of a cyber attack on Iran from a country like Israel, Kerry didn't give a direct answer. Remember Stuxnet?
__________________
Bluer White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Like the Republicans own all the consequences of arming Saddam and Iran?

What do you know about the deal?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
What do you know about the deal?
__________________
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:30 PM   #506
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,700
Local Time: 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
What do you know about the deal?

I haven't called it lopsided or made any claims of its benefits yet.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Well, the anti-deal propaganda has been strong before anyone even knew any details of the deal. Truly, it seems that many Republicans seem opposed to any diplomacy with Iran. And I would wager that most of the Americans opposed to the deal know very little about the actual specifics of it.
Says who?
I respect your intelligence and the links you provided good context to the deal as it is written. I don't want to get into a link battle, but there are just as many credible articles that take the opposing viewpoint. Thus my claim of a lopsided deal. And these aren't articles from say conservative circles such as Nat'l Review, Weekly Standard, or Breitbart.

Is it wrong to negotiate? Absolutely not, trying to defuse the nuclear stand-off with Iran has been an on-going issue over several administrations.

In 2009 Iran walked away from a deal in Geneva that would have given them civilian fuel enriched outside of the country for peaceful energy purposes. Since then they have tirelessly played a cat and mouse game with the IAEA getting moving production to secret-military locations. One can only conclude from these actions and proclaimed aspirations that they do want the bomb and have already become experts at concealment from inspectors. Under the new plan a side-deal with the IAEA would allow Iran's own nuclear experts to carry out their own inspections. This seems like a step-backwards if we seek more stringency in the inspection game.

It's not just Republicans who are opposed. Take Democratic Senator Robert Menendez who summed his opposition with the following quote.

"Of course if the Iranians violate the agreement and try to make a dash for a nuclear bomb, our solace will be that we will have a year's notice instead of the present three months. So in reality we have purchased a very expensive alarm system. Maybe we’ll have an additional nine months, but with much greater consequences in the enemy we might face at that time."
__________________
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #508
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,700
Local Time: 04:50 PM
Obama General Discussion, vol. 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
I respect your intelligence and the links you provided good context to the deal as it is written. I don't want to get into a link battle, but there are just as many credible articles that take the opposing viewpoint. Thus my claim of a lopsided deal. And these aren't articles from say conservative circles such as Nat'l Review, Weekly Standard, or Breitbart.



Is it wrong to negotiate? Absolutely not, trying to defuse the nuclear stand-off with Iran has been an on-going issue over several administrations.



In 2009 Iran walked away from a deal in Geneva that would have given them civilian fuel enriched outside of the country for peaceful energy purposes. Since then they have tirelessly played a cat and mouse game with the IAEA getting moving production to secret-military locations. One can only conclude from these actions and proclaimed aspirations that they do want the bomb and have already become experts at concealment from inspectors. Under the new plan a side-deal with the IAEA would allow Iran's own nuclear experts to carry out their own inspections. This seems like a step-backwards if we seek more stringency in the inspection game.



It's not just Republicans who are opposed. Take Democratic Senator Robert Menendez who summed his opposition with the following quote.



"Of course if the Iranians violate the agreement and try to make a dash for a nuclear bomb, our solace will be that we will have a year's notice instead of the present three months. So in reality we have purchased a very expensive alarm system. Maybe we’ll have an additional nine months, but with much greater consequences in the enemy we might face at that time."

I haven't seen many credible articles as you state.

So what part of Menendez' summary makes sense to you? So we make a deal where we have a built in "alarm", but what do you see as an alternative? War? Wouldn't you want an alarm than no warning?!


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #509
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 10:50 PM
My first question about the Iran nuke deal is whether there are any penalties imposed on Iran if they break the rules?
Basically Iran gets a slap on the wrist and moves on if they violate the contract and if it's only a small-mid size violation, nothing will happen at all. Moreover, they get a maximum of 24 days to delay an inspection. A lot of cover up can happen in 24 days, this gives the leverage to Iran.
Furthermore, the U.S. is agreeing to helping Iran progress as a nation, yet they are unwilling to progress in their treatment of people. Women still won't have rights, gays and Christians will still get executed, and they will continue to hate us and Israel. Yet, we're committed to help assist in developing their energy, finance, technology, and trade. That will only make Iran stronger 15 years from now. They chant "death to America", yet America is supporting them. Makes no sense whatsoever. If you want to continue to weaken stability in the Middle East, then this deal would be great.
So in the short run, it may temporarily ease the threat of nuclear war, but Iran isn't going to suddenly start loving America more 15 years from now and they'll be even stronger because of us.
How exactly does America benefit from this?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #510
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,887
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Well, the anti-deal propaganda has been strong before anyone even knew any details of the deal. Truly, it seems that many Republicans seem opposed to any diplomacy with Iran. And I would wager that most of the Americans opposed to the deal know very little about the actual specifics of it.
Wager accepted

Unfortunately all academic at this point.
__________________

__________________
Bluer White is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com