Obama General Discussion, vol. 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree with you there.

The 'Russian Reset,' promoted by the President/Sec Clinton, devolved into a toxic relationship. Look at the invasion of Crimea, the presidential election meddling, the humanitarian disaster in Syria (another Russian proxy), etc, etc.

The lack of influence/leverage used with respect to Russia is connected to America's weak diplomatic relationship and the consequences we've seen taking place.

Romney and Obama's debate disagreement of whether Russia was a true geopolitical foe comes to mind again :|

And now the Republicans are in bed with that shirtless horse riding stud.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This really is unpresidented

January 9, 2017, 4:17 PM
G. --

There are cynics who have doubted us at every step these past eight years -- who said that our desire for change was unrealistic and that our agenda was little more than a pipe dream. But thanks to millions of Democrats like you, we've been able to prove them wrong time and again.

We have some legislative battles to fight in the months ahead and, sooner than you might realize, it'll be time to prepare for some tough elections next year. And the cynics are at it again, saying that our values have been defeated and that Democrats aren't fired up.

We need your help to prove them wrong once more -- and to send an important message about how ready our party is for the weeks, months, and years to come.

Chip in $3 or more, and let's show everyone that we're ready to keep fighting.

If you've saved your payment information, your donation will go through immediately.

QUICK DONATE: $3

QUICK DONATE: $10

QUICK DONATE: $25

QUICK DONATE: $50

QUICK DONATE: $100

Or donate another amount:

https://my.democrats.org/Help-Democrats-Fight-Back

Thanks,

Barack

Last edited:
It really does take special gall to criticize Obama, the President of the USA and not the mayor of a city in the midwest, for gun violence when those doing the criticizing are the ones preventing any sort of progress on gun control. I'd say just wow, but this is par for the course.

I also love the implications from conservatives that Obama simply doesn't care about the violence going on in Chicago. He's mentioned Chicago before when discussing the issue of gun violence, acknowledged the problems there are important ones to address as well, but hey, why bother taking that into account, right?

Also, way back in his younger days, he was a community organizer in Chicago. and those people do a lot of work to try and help improve their cities/towns and solve the problems that plague them. But that wasn't cool with the right back in 2008-I remember them making fun of him for it.

But yeah. It's totally his fault Chicago's got a gun violence problem.

Watching the Obama farewell speech, reflecting on his amazing family, who graced us with no scandals and no drama and no ugliness, thinking about how decent and dignified he is, and then thinking of the horrendous tackiness about to replace them all. There isn't the Valium in the world to make that ok. :sad:

You all can fix it then, I'm sure the repeal and replace in one day will just be magical. I imagine it will be something like Trump putting the ACA on the ground then lifting one leg and marking it.

You can now stop your obsession with Obama and move on with your guy fixing it all. I'm sure it'll all be great and work out. How could it not with a 39% approval rating?

The fact that Trump is about to take his seat is still not going to make me particularly sympathetic to Obama, sorry.

The fact that Trump is about to take his seat is still not going to make me particularly sympathetic to Obama, sorry.

I don't think anybody was asking you to?

I'm pretty sure everybody here who is supportive of Obama was enthusiastically supportive long before Trump stank up the room.

You can now stop your obsession with Obama and move on with your guy fixing it all.

Ha, seriously. I remember conservatives telling me and other liberals here over the years that we couldn't keep blaming Bush for all the stuff that Obama struggled with during his presidency.

I trust that means the conservatives take their own advice from here on out, then, and we'll never, ever hear them blame Obama or Hillary for anything that happens during Trump's presidency as a result. Right?

You all can fix it then, I'm sure the repeal and replace in one day will just be magical. I imagine it will be something like Trump putting the ACA on the ground then lifting one leg and marking it.

You can now stop your obsession with Obama and move on with your guy fixing it all. I'm sure it'll all be great and work out. How could it not with a 39% approval rating?

Ten years ago this would have been fun; watch them scramble, eat their words, twist and turn.

But we're in a post-fact world. Trump could piss on their heads, tell them it's raining, and they'll gleefully report the inches of rainfall.

After 8 years they still have no plan. They just want the word 'Obama' removed from it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's difficult to watch a president who has so directly impacted and improve my life leave the stage, especially with a monster waiting in the wings.

I am so grateful we had this elegant, intelligent man for as long as we could.

THIS:

"But we’re not where we need to be. All of us have more work to do. After all, if every economic issue is framed as a struggle between a hard-working white middle class and undeserving minorities, then workers of all shades will be left fighting for scraps while the wealthy withdraw further into their private enclaves."

Yep.

And calling working class/poor people of all stripes "lazy moochers" for daring to ask for things like a decent living wage or affordable healthcare adds to that as well. The GOP stands there and claims they're for the working class, and yet they're the same ones using that terminology to describe people who are on welfare.

Last edited:
THIS:

"But we’re not where we need to be. All of us have more work to do. After all, if every economic issue is framed as a struggle between a hard-working white middle class and undeserving minorities, then workers of all shades will be left fighting for scraps while the wealthy withdraw further into their private enclaves."

You'd be forgiven for thinking Obama was actually on the left judging by this quote.

"So regardless of the station that we occupy, we all have to try harder. We all have to start with the premise that each of our fellow citizens loves this country just as much as we do, that they value hard work and family just like we do. That their children are just as curious and hopeful and worthy of love as our own."

Words to live by for the next four years. I know I've struggled with anger at much of the US over this recently, and it's not based on nothing. But some amount of grace and attempt at understanding is important if we are to avoid this country turning into something even more polarized and reactionary than it is.

You'd be forgiven for thinking Obama was actually on the left judging by this quote.

Honestly, Vlad. Can you give us something other than snark? Can you understand that definitions of left and right aren't fixed and universal but culturally relative, and that what works in one place might not work in the next?

Honestly, Vlad. Can you give us something other than snark? Can you understand that definitions of left and right aren't fixed and universal but culturally relative, and that what works in one place might not work in the next?

I'm sorry, but I read that quote and wish that more could have actually been done. It's just frustration from my end.

I'm sorry, but I read that quote and wish that more could have actually been done. It's just frustration from my end.

Sorry, I guess I get frustrated because I really am interested in what you have to say and I feel like you never fully put it out there.

Like I said, there isn't the valium in the world to make the incoming tackiness ok in any respect.

Back
Top Bottom