Will U2 play the REAL lead single on Fallon show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fallon was on Leno last night, and he said the guests for his first show would be "U2 and Will Smith." Probably meaningless, but it's interesting that he said them in that order.

Invisible/Gettin' Jiggy wit It [snippet]

probably

I don't get your confusion. Are you not believing that they are unlikely to play it or that there was a downside to the live performances, or maybe not agreeing with my assessment of the vocals? Any is fine, I just don't get what you're saying. I adore the live ones, but the way.

I don't get your confusion. Are you not believing that they are unlikely to play it or that there was a downside to the live performances, or maybe not agreeing with my assessment of the vocals? Any is fine, I just don't get what you're saying. I adore the live ones, but the way.

Nevermind, I did not realize what/who you were responding to. I actually completely agree with you :up:

That song is probably in my top 10 U2 songs...I never tire of hearing it.

^of course! Ive always thought they should play Vertigo backwards, start with the "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" part and end with "uno dos tres catorce"

Since Bono would have to sing the whole song backwards, it would finish with "catorce tres dos uno"!

God I hope Pharrell wears his hat again.

He could hide U2 under that hat. That would make a great U2 surprise performance when they suddenly jump out of underneath Pharrell's hat :hmm:

They performed Invisible over & over with a rent-a-crowd but Ordinary Love has never been played live. I know where my money's going for Fallon's debut show.

Beautiful Day may be a candidate for Fallon playing Bono to open the show.

Remember re Invisible not being the lead single - a traditional release would see the album announced before the single is released. At least they will say there is an album coming, possibly a name, possible a date etc. Nothing to say they can't put a date or a name out there at the Fallon show with the lead single due on x date as well.

I work at NBC and I can tell you they will not be playing 3 songs. Two at most. Musical guests on American late night shows rarely play more than one song, much less three. The lone exception being Saturday Night Live.

:hyper: Well, go and SPY for us NBCerperson. we'd all love you forever if you give us good information and mock you mercilessly if you fail. :hyper:

The first Fallon Tonight Show is by far the most difficult ticket to get at Rock Center in a long long time... long before any guests were announced.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

I can imagine...it's the first time The Tonight Show returns to New York City in a very long time.

As I said in the new album thread, no one should be surprised if U2 just go on The Tonight Show just to perform 'Invisible', or whatever they want to perform. What has only been said is that they are the musical guest. I'm sure Will Smith & Jimmy will be doing a skit, maybe they can get Bono to join them. :hmm:

But, I seriously doubt U2 will partake in a short interview or skit. I hope to be wrong, but from our knowledge, they are just there to perform, which I don't mind at all.

I hope to be wrong, but from our knowledge, they are just there to perform, which I don't mind at all.

I wasn't aware that we have any actual knowledge, other than that they are booked.

If they only perform one song, it would likely be "Ordinary Love"...the Oscars are just two weeks later and they're obviously going to keep campaigning for a victory (even though it's impossible at this point).

I would expect "Invisible" as well if they play two songs.

If they aren't promoting the new album, I would expect them to play the new tracks at least, Oridinary Love and Invisible. Hoping for a toy instrument jam also, maybe I Will Follow :ohmy:

will anyone from here be at the taping?

I'd gladly fly over from Dublin just for this, but my understanding is that since this is the first show, there's zero chance of getting stand by tickets.

If they play Vertigo I might put my foot through the tv.

will anyone from here be at the taping?

I'd gladly fly over from Dublin just for this, but my understanding is that since this is the first show, there's zero chance of getting stand by tickets.

It will be incredibly difficult.

I, eh hem, "know somebody" at NBC. I've been told over and over again that if I ever wanted to go see Fallon or SNL to just ask. I asked for this one.

The answer I got was "no chance in hell."

I, eh hem, "know somebody" at NBC.

I call bullshit. What is your source's name? Address? SSN? Where do they attend church? Why can't you tell us? WHY? If it was anyone of any importance, like Lorna Michaels or Amy Polar or Robin Greensplat, you could just say so, noone will fire them,. We need to know, if we are to believe you have FACTS.

I call bullshit. What is your source's name? Address? SSN? Where do they attend church? Why can't you tell us? WHY? If it was anyone of any importance, like Lorna Michaels or Amy Polar or Robin Greensplat, you could just say so, noone will fire them,. We need to know, if we are to believe you have FACTS.

:lol:

Does anyone know if you can watch the Tonight show live in the UK at all?

I, eh hem, "know somebody" at NBC. I've been told over and over again that if I ever wanted to go see Fallon or SNL to just ask. I asked for this one.

I blame U2.

they couldn't just play a normal show, on a normal day,
noooo, they had to play this one... bastards!

:tsk: I'm calling your church.

I would rather have a dna sample.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom