U2: 3 Nights Live-Taking over the airwaves March 9-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I have no idea what kind of system the Chicago radio people are following, but it sucks. They have to realize that a lot of people work or are in school during the day, making it almost impossible to listen to the radio for the secret password! I'm am so agravated right now, it seems like they're changing the nonexsistent rules halfway into the game. And from whats happened already with tickets, or passes as they're calling them, it sounds to be a VERY intimate show. If they give away 3 2-person passes a day, thats 30 people at the Chicago show. That seems wierd for a album promotion event. I don't know anything anymore. :reject:

Has anyone heard anything about the L.A. show? :pray:

Praying too. Doubt it though. Seems like they are hitting the major cities that have been huge U2 boosters -- Chicago, Boston and NYC were all huge bastions of U2 support back in the day...

KROQ in LA now has a contest -

YOUR OWN U2 3 STOP TOUR
Here’s your chance to hang out with U2 Monday, March 9th at the Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. One grand prize winner will immediately hop on a jet to Chicago and Boston where the band will perform an intimate live acoustic set. Wanna go? Enter the KROQ Street Team and answer the questions.

I've already entered. :up:

Can someone clarify what is going on? I hear in Boston they are having some sort of performance (???)? I just flew into Boston for work for a few days, and now I'm reading about this. Time is something I don't have much of.

i just posted this review of tonight's interview on the Tour forum, but it might be good here too:

so the big group met at the Renaissance Hotel at Hollywood & Highland, and at 445 we were shuttled over to capitol records on two big charter buses. we waited outside the capitol records building for almost an hour, and they finally let us into the building. it was some sort of side door, and a short walk down a small hall into one of the recording studios, sound booths and panels and all. there was a small platform with 4 stools in the middle, and another one off to the side. i got a seat near the front, but there were no chairs in the front section so we were all sitting on the floor. at about 550 Shirley Manson came out, talked about how nervous she was and that Larry is feeling a little under the weather, so he might not come until later. Paul McGuiness was there, Jimmy Iovine, and a few other well-known faces.

at 6, after the intro on the radio, the guys came out. it was incredible. the interview was pretty straightforward, Shirley asked a few questions, the band gave a few answers, and they'd play a song off the album. All 4 guys were hilarious. While the songs were playing the studio was off the air, so the guys would be talking to each other, or to the crowd, or fielding questions. the commercial breaks were pretty quiet in the studio, so people started asking questions directly to the band, which was very exciting. there was a man sitting a few people down from me with a heavy Irish accent, Bono noticed it and they had a pretty lengthy and humorous discussion about a few shows back on the October tour in Ireland. The interview was a pretty standard one, as you can probably hear on the radio broadcast, but the commercial breaks were fantastic. i actually got to ask the band a question! amazing. someone asked Edge about It Might Get Loud, and after Edge talked about it for a while, Larry talked about his own documentary coming soon, called "It Might Get Louder." pretty great stuff. Bono talked about The Killers for a while, and how he admired their belief that they could 'take on the world.' it's unbelievable how likable, personable, and just down-to-earth those 4 guys are: they seemed like 4 regular, average men, yet i was completely blown away.

after the interview was over, the staff was trying to tell people to leave, but nobody did. Larry left, probably still hungover (haha), but Edge, Bono, and Adam stayed and did signatures. i got a few autographs. the guys were just standing around, signing autographs, shaking hands, and just hanging out. it was surreal. an incredible setting and an incredible experience.

also: during a commercial break, someone asked Bono about the next album. Bono then talked about how some albums come in pairs, like they had done with Achtung Baby. He also mentioned that they had been 'strictly forbidden' to say that the same thing is going to happen with NLOTH. he then pointed out Paul McGuiness and said that they had just made his day by telling all of us this news. pretty exciting stuff!

i just posted this review of tonight's interview on the Tour forum, but it might be good here too:

so the big group met at the Renaissance Hotel at Hollywood & Highland, and at 445 we were shuttled over to capitol records on two big charter buses. we waited outside the capitol records building for almost an hour, and they finally let us into the building. it was some sort of side door, and a short walk down a small hall into one of the recording studios, sound booths and panels and all. there was a small platform with 4 stools in the middle, and another one off to the side. i got a seat near the front, but there were no chairs in the front section so we were all sitting on the floor. at about 550 Shirley Manson came out, talked about how nervous she was and that Larry is feeling a little under the weather, so he might not come until later. Paul McGuiness was there, Jimmy Iovine, and a few other well-known faces.

at 6, after the intro on the radio, the guys came out. it was incredible. the interview was pretty straightforward, Shirley asked a few questions, the band gave a few answers, and they'd play a song off the album. All 4 guys were hilarious. While the songs were playing the studio was off the air, so the guys would be talking to each other, or to the crowd, or fielding questions. the commercial breaks were pretty quiet in the studio, so people started asking questions directly to the band, which was very exciting. there was a man sitting a few people down from me with a heavy Irish accent, Bono noticed it and they had a pretty lengthy and humorous discussion about a few shows back on the October tour in Ireland. The interview was a pretty standard one, as you can probably hear on the radio broadcast, but the commercial breaks were fantastic. i actually got to ask the band a question! amazing. someone asked Edge about It Might Get Loud, and after Edge talked about it for a while, Larry talked about his own documentary coming soon, called "It Might Get Louder." pretty great stuff. Bono talked about The Killers for a while, and how he admired their belief that they could 'take on the world.' it's unbelievable how likable, personable, and just down-to-earth those 4 guys are: they seemed like 4 regular, average men, yet i was completely blown away.

after the interview was over, the staff was trying to tell people to leave, but nobody did. Larry left, probably still hungover (haha), but Edge, Bono, and Adam stayed and did signatures. i got a few autographs. the guys were just standing around, signing autographs, shaking hands, and just hanging out. it was surreal. an incredible setting and an incredible experience.

also: during a commercial break, someone asked Bono about the next album. Bono then talked about how some albums come in pairs, like they had done with Achtung Baby. He also mentioned that they had been 'strictly forbidden' to say that the same thing is going to happen with NLOTH. he then pointed out Paul McGuiness and said that they had just made his day by telling all of us this news. pretty exciting stuff!
That's very exciting for you. I really envy you. What did you ask, so? Was Bono implying that McGuiness didn't want it revealed when a new album would come out?

Can someone clarify what is going on? I hear in Boston they are having some sort of performance (???)? I just flew into Boston for work for a few days, and now I'm reading about this. Time is something I don't have much of.

Shush now! Cease to speak! That I may speak!

Go to the Somerville Theater on March 11 at 7 pm!
Bring $350 in cash!
Scalp a ticket - beg, borrow, or steal - but get into that show
Watch U2 play!
During the Q&A session, ask them if Mercy is going to be included on the fall release :drool: And if you can ask a follow-up question, ask Bono if you can get it in writing, that U2 will be releasing a fall album, lol :wink:

That's very exciting for you. I really envy you. What did you ask, so? Was Bono implying that McGuiness didn't want it revealed when a new album would come out?

i asked what the tour was going to be like. Bono explained that they had been working with the idea for a couple years, and they weren't exactly sure how they would work out performing with their new setup. i was too excited to form real questions, haha. Bono was definitely implying that McGuiness and everyone else at the record company wanted to keep the new album a big secret, and that it was going to be out this year.

What I'd like to know is if he asked Bono about Battlestar Galactica, and if it influenced the next album or not. I would have liked Bono's INSIGHT on this.

Clearly a missed opportunity, though I believe the new stage set-up is proof they've been watching it.

Shush now! Cease to speak! That I may speak!

Go to the Somerville Theater on March 11 at 7 pm!
Bring $350 in cash!
Scalp a ticket - beg, borrow, or steal - but get into that show
Watch U2 play!
During the Q&A session, ask them if Mercy is going to be included on the fall release :drool: And if you can ask a follow-up question, ask Bono if you can get it in writing, that U2 will be releasing a fall album, lol :wink:

Well, that wasn't quite what I was expecting to spend on a business trip. :huh:

Maybe I can luck out finding a fan here who is in possession of a ticket, or on Craigslist, who doesn't want to make a buck?

Back
Top Bottom