"Hang out" with U2 in Los Angeles 3/9/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtnfox

Refugee
SoCal, but far enough away from everything for it
KROQ in Los Angeles has announced a contest as well:

YOUR OWN U2 3 STOP TOUR
Here’s your chance to hang out with U2 Monday, March 9th at the Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. One grand prize winner will immediately hop on a jet to Chicago and Boston where the band will perform an intimate live acoustic set. Wanna go? Enter the KROQ Street Team and answer the questions.

Mystery LA gig

Anyone know or hear about this? It was briefly mentioned on KLOS 95.5 today. It was part of a Mark and Brian commercial.

SWEET...I was wondering if they were gonna give the west coast any love. Looks like I will be dragging my 6 month old to Hollywood on the 9th to stalk them out.

The KROQ announcement sounds weird to me. I think it's odd they would not do an odd mini show here. I think they maybe will announce a gig but it will be last minute. Who knows?

I wish we knew one way or the other so I could plan a doctors appt. :p

I agree, some kind of info besides "hanging out" at Capitol Records Tower would be helpful....like what time, for instance.

My rational brain is really telling me I'm crazy to drive down there but I can't help it. I've had shite luck meeting them before/after shows...

I checked their site yesterday, and couldn't find anything. KLOS today between now and 5. Probably at 4:59 :|

BOOTS

They just played it - I got thru twice, don't know what numbers she said I was. But I wasn't #95. Had 3 phones going too. :grumpy: At least I can change the station after With Or Without You Finishes :happy:

Arggh, I should have been paying more attention - missed the 98.7 and KLOS giveaways. Was there any word on whether KLOS would be giving away more tix later in the week? (I don't usually listen to them but would certainly make an exception!)

From another thread :

KROQ in Los Angeles has announced a contest as well:

YOUR OWN U2 3 STOP TOUR
Here’s your chance to hang out with U2 Monday, March 9th at the Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. One grand prize winner will immediately hop on a jet to Chicago and Boston where the band will perform an intimate live acoustic set. Wanna go? Enter the KROQ Street Team and answer the questions.

Thanks for posting that contest info!

Conflicting rules on the page.
US citizen on one, US resident on the other.

Still gonna try and see what happens.

Don't know - I'll have to try & listen to them tomorrow. The only time I can put up with them is for Mark & Brian.

i can't keep up w/ all of these radio contests, I don't even listen to LA radio, so it's torture to have to wait for these stations to announce a contest. If it is indeed that early I think I will drive down there to see what can be seen.

In the of course highly unlikely event I don't win some radio contest, I am trying to decide whether I can come up with some "educational" activity in Hollywood that would justify dragging my 2- and 3-year old daughters down there on Monday. (Actually, my 2-year old might come in handy as she rivals Bono in size (well, almost) and is so rambunctious she would probably make a run for it and tackle him - that would at least get their attention!)

In the of course highly unlikely event I don't win some radio contest, I am trying to decide whether I can come up with some "educational" activity in Hollywood that would justify dragging my 2- and 3-year old daughters down there on Monday. (Actually, my 2-year old might come in handy as she rivals Bono in size (well, almost) and is so rambunctious she would probably make a run for it and tackle him - that would at least get their attention!)

Grauman's Chinese Theater is a pretty educational spot, and not far from Capitol Tower. Or at least cool for little kids to put their feet in the side walk footprints and such.

Back
Top Bottom