Tracklist announcement timing? - Tracklist Speculation/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, the last time his voice has put on record was in 1995 on Your Blue Room.
As for Larry we're still expecting if he'll start to talk someday.

On topic: It's hard to know if Winter will be such an amazing song. Eno is the one that praised Stuck In a Moment, right? And it deserves praise. A lot. But he's also the one that almost discarded WTSHNN. It's hard to know.

Larry shouts in Numb. :wink:

Larry sings on Miracle Drug, but it's hard to hear (usually mixed ambient with Edge's voice) on the album and most concert boots. It's before Edge sings the bridge.

However, you can hear him very well on the Vancouver ALD boot (AWESOME bootleg, BTW)... and it sounds very Larry-ish. He's deeply grunting "yeaaaaaaaaahhh, ohhhhhhh." :drool:

Larry sings on Miracle Drug, but it's hard to hear (usually mixed ambient with Edge's voice) on the album and most concert boots. It's before Edge sings the bridge.

However, you can hear him very well on the Vancouver ALD boot (AWESOME bootleg, BTW)... and it sounds very Larry-ish. He's deeply grunting "yeaaaaaaaaahhh, ohhhhhhh." :drool:

hehe, grunting. Well that answered everybodies foolish questions.

:sad:
I know, I'm punishing myself listening The Ocean on repeat.

It only goes for 90 seconds, doesn't it?

Wow, I really dislike short tracks, anything under 2:30, actually 3 minutes.

Hmmm...me too... I don't care for songs under the 2 min mark

Well, it's an exception
It's a really good instrumental piece.

Somebody tell Martin his true calling is scoring Victorian Romance flicks.
:down:
fail

I had no idea RS leaked the track listing. :wink:

Seriously, from the descriptions in the Q article Winter sounds like a very good song, but of course we cannot know until we hear it. I think I'd be disappointed if it doesn't appear on the CD because I like the concept of the song. On the other hand, I don't think U2 would throw it out because it's not good, IF they throw it out it's because the song will be on the soundtrack anyway. Let's hope there will be room for a whole new song on the album then.

I'm almost certain the RS article was written first...unless Q somehow managed to get all of their material written and released in just a couple of weeks.

I'm almost certain the RS article was written first...

not according to this....

Sure if you look at the Adam interview he talks about possibly seeing the Black Keys at London's Brixton Academy "that night"...but he ultimately passes on the idea because there's still "work to be done"

The Black Keys played London's Brixton Academy on November 12,2008

The Rolling Stone Article mentions "an early December evening"

The Rolling Stone interview happened after Q magazine's interview

hmmmm just been looking through some "lyrics" websites (god knows why), and on one i found a "tracklist" for no line on the horizon, has this one been posted yet?:

Songs:
Moment Of Surrender
Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Unknown Caller
For Your Love
The Cedars Of Lebanon
Crazy Tonight
Every Breaking Wave
Get Your Boots On
Magnificent
No Line On The Horizon
Winter
Stand Up
Tripoli

^ would treat it with a grin of salt... noway is that the order. They've just listed the names.

Only two songs so far mentioned as openers (GOYB and Tripoli), and Q says Cedars is the closer

^ would treat it with a grin of salt... noway is that the order. They've just listed the names.

Only two songs so far mentioned as openers (GOYB and Tripoli), and Q says Cedars is the closer

Probably right, just thought i would throw it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom