The Least NLOTH song poll! Which will lose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song is your least favorite?

• No Line On The Horizon

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Magnificient

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Moment Of Surrender

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Unknown Caller

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

Votes: 39 15.1%
  • Get On Your Boots

Votes: 63 24.3%
  • Stand Up Comedy

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Fez-Being Born

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • White As Snow

Votes: 47 18.1%
  • Breathe

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Cedars Of Lebanon

Votes: 19 7.3%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who doesn't like Breathe? Probably. Bono sounds way too strained at times and the song melody is very strange to my ears. I cant seem to enjoy it.

after just having listened for the first time i voted for breathe. the only song i'm concerned about that i will not love it after many more spins. however, hope i'll be able to enjoy

SUC. The only song I was slighly underwhelmed with.

By contrast, WAS and COL were my two least favorite 45sec clips, and I couldn't be more thrilled with them now.

White as Snow.

I also think the song sucks too. Worst song on the album.

Otherwise a fantastic album, and they are finally back on form.

Crazy Tonight, worst U2 song ever.

Also White as Snow is a lovely U2 song but is badly out of place on this album, it sounds like it is from a different era, recorded for a different album.

For the record, I think the title track, Magnificent, MOS, Unknown Caller, FEZ-Being Born, Breathe and Cedars all have a synergy that makes this close to the most cohesive album since Achtung.... I adore them all and love some of them....

.....and Boots and Stand Up Comedy (the album's biggest 'grower') also have enough funkiness and weirdness and wonderful percussion, to spice up the album, and provide some fun... they too fit in with the aforementioned synergy.

However Crazy tonight seems to sound like hollow confected candy floss and ice cream, and poor old White As needs to be transported in someone's TARDIS back to 2000 to go on All That You Can't Leave Behind...

They are the only two songs holding the album back from greatness, in my mind............. so far............ still early days for the ablum!

Fez. The lyrics are great, but the sloooow way he sings them doesn't do them justice.

You know, I take this back now. After a half dozen listens since then, it's grown on me. My new vote is for MOS, which is now the only one I don't totally love.

Crazy Tonight, worst U2 song ever.

Also White as Snow is a lovely U2 song but is badly out of place on this album, it sounds like it is from a different era, recorded for a different album.

I disagree. CT is my least favourite song on the album, but FAR from being U2's worst song.

And NLOTH wouldn't be NLOTH without White as snow. It's not "lovely", it's pure beauty. It fits the mood of the album perfectly and has some magic Bono vocals. The album feels complete to me, not in spite of this song (and maybe Cedars) but BECAUSE of it.

The one song I've had any negative experience with so far is Crazy Tonight. On the second listen, I didn't like it that much. Like it a bit better now, but I don't think it's as good as the other songs on the album.

Maybe I'll like the live version better.

Stand Up Comedy. The music, for the most part, is pretty cool, Adam is really switched on. But the lyrics throughout and the instrumentation specifically during "Come on you people/Stand up for your love" part just bring it down for me.

I've changed my mind, i booted our Uknown Caller but now I want to boot out Crazy, because they could really keep this one for themselves. yuk!

For me, it's Unknown Caller. Everything is so cool about it, except the chanted chorus which just ruins the whole thing for me. If that had a proper chorus, it'd be one of the cooler songs. The chant is almost obnoxious, imo.

I'm surprised about the lack of love for Stand Up Comedy. One of the early standouts for me. I think it would've made a great first single; it rocks and it's different.

Crazy is good. It needed more production; it doesn't have the fuller sound of the other tracks, the band is too down-mixed compared to Bono's voice, and it lacks depth. It sounds very much like a track that could be on Bomb. BUT, it's gonna be absolutely killer live.

Seeing White as Snow devalued so much as it is on this board has made me lose quite a bit of musical respect for a lot of people on this board. Simply unbelievable to me.

The White as Snow mentions are making me cry. Have you people no heart?

:wink:

really hard to choose. i ended up picking "Crazy Tonight". even though i love the song right now, i can see it having the least staying power with me.

Seeing White as Snow devalued so much as it is on this board has made me lose quite a bit of musical respect for a lot of people on this board. Simply unbelievable to me.

The White as Snow mentions are making me cry. Have you people no heart?

:wink:

Yeah, I'd better start to see White As Snow getting some more love soon...or else...or else I might...get mildly frustrated.

Seriously though, I love that song.

The 27 people that voted for crazy must in fact be crazy.

great tune.:up:

My least favourites after one listen are Unknown Caller and Moment of Surrender (I know - shoot me). Not voted yet though... needs time to develop.

My least favourites after one listen are Unknown Caller and Moment of Surrender (I know - shoot me). Not voted yet though... needs time to develop.

I like Unknown Caller but I fast fwd MOS :reject: I know I am definitely in the minority here.

I like Unknown Caller but I fast fwd MOS :reject: I know I am definitely in the minority here.

I love MOS... until the chorus hits the first time... and the second time... really at any time...

I voted Crazy Tonight... cause I've listened to it, and I'll go crazy if this song doesn't get the boot.

Back
Top Bottom