Songs of Experience - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two pieces of info in the Tedder interview are intriguing:

1. He speaks as if U2 is finished (or were before his feedback). They made him listen to it in full and give feedback. If that is the case, they are close.

2. He said records plural. Either he is referring to his involvement in SOI then SOE, or he means they have two more....

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have a feeling tedder was referring to SoI. He mentions 'passing a test', which sounds like an audition, which sounds like something that would happen before they'd ever worked together, rather than when they're bring him back.
Plus, tedder mentions working with other artists during this time who's albums have long since come out (like Adele).

However, I agree it sounds like a more finished work based on tedder's comments here and the other day.

Everything Tedder said and who he represents makes me want to make sure I never hear this record.

The Zooropa cover looks like it's the same as the final version, just with less purple. Hadn't seen it before.

As you were...

They've abandoned the IE Tour and will instead be playing Zooropa in full every night.

That's it. No encore.

It's funny, the "play an old album in full" gimmick seems to be a trend amongst older rock acts these days. U2 is a notable exception since they probably *can't* play any of their albums start to finish....on literally every record except Boy, there is at least one track that they've never played live.

It's funny, the "play an old album in full" gimmick seems to be a trend amongst older rock acts these days. U2 is a notable exception since they probably *can't* play any of their albums start to finish....on literally every record except Boy, there is at least one track that they've never played live.

They are also ridiculously revisionist. They seem to like to pretend that certain songs and even entire era's in their history don't exist.

Or it could have been the first thing a Q intern grabbed when tasked with getting "something U2y"

Don't bring us down with your logic and realism man.

New Album "Songs of Zooropan Experience" to be released June 6, tour to start July 4 in Philadelphia, followed by 2 weeks in Australia July 7-21, a month in South America July 23-August 21, full tour of Canada August 24-25, Europe August 28-September 18, full East Coast US leg September 23 -October 17 (consisting of 8 shows in NYC, 6 shows in Boston and 1 night in Hartford), Asia and Hawai'i October 23-November 7 (Larry's birthday show in Pyongyang Oct 31), Full US West coast leg November 11- Dec 4 (consisting of 4 shows in Los Angeles, 2 shows in Oakland and a week at Edge's Malibu digs working on Songs of Ascent with Rick Rubin, Ryan Tedder and Justin Bieber producing), holiday Break Dec 5 thru January 6, then tour resumes January 7, 2017 in the Middle East followed by a 3 month residency in Johannesburg.

Its going to be epic.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't mind hearing Volcano live. But mostly I'd love it if they gave Crystal Ballroom another chance, and a first shot at Sleep. That'd be wonderful, but not very likely.
On another note, the band seems to be in Ireland. They visited Dennis Sheehan's grave and were seen together with Joe O'Herlihy. So let's hope they're on their way to the studio ;)

BUT THE SECRET MESSAGES FROM ZOOROPA!!!!

Two pieces of info in the Tedder interview are intriguing:

1. He speaks as if U2 is finished (or were before his feedback). They made him listen to it in full and give feedback. If that is the case, they are close.

2. He said records plural. Either he is referring to his involvement in SOI then SOE, or he means they have two more....

2 days sounds like a short time for a feedback on a full album. (I presume he listened to all of it)

So is he not producing but only offering his opinion on SOE ?

I believe records = songs

I've never heard anyone use it this way. The Grammys award Record of the Year to a single song, but the award is actually for the composition, mixing, mastering, etc, hence the difference between song and record of the year. So in context it would be a strange use of the word.

Who knows:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom