Songs of Experience - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think U2 wouldn't do that? I mean promoting an album is not really a novel idea. They've done it in the past. And the release method of SOI didn't work too well. So why not go back to a proper promotion. This of course would not rule out a collaboration with Apple of some sort.

I think they abandoned the "proper promotion" model after NLOTH. I imagine one of the reasons they hired Oseary was to help them explore new and "innovative" ways of releasing their music. I highly doubt they'll do the exact same thing as SOI, but doing something unexpected and "cutting edge" is probably on their agenda.

Music industry now is about buzz. better or worse, all the bands including U2 need to formulate a way to generate buzz that is impactful and sustaining. that's tough shit.

Looking back at the period from 85 to 87 it's pretty interesting that The Joshua Tree got made during a time when they were touring for UF, a Live Aid appearance, and the Amnesty Tour appearances. They were very prolific.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They weren't that prolific. It was still there years between albums. REM released four albums in that time, same with Depeche; Replacements did three, Sonic Youth did three, the Cure three (including a double, Husker Du did five with two double LPs...U2 were never prolific. Even in the early 80s they didn't do an album a year.

It was all they did back then, be in U2. They have much different lives now. It's unreasonable to expect a bunch of 50-year olds with lots of kids who have successfully been the world's biggest band for 30 years to continue to behave as if they were 25-years old with something to prove. These gaps are annoying, but they might very well be the reason why they are still together and still making music.

They weren't that prolific. It was still there years between albums. REM released four albums in that time, same with Depeche; Replacements did three, Sonic Youth did three, the Cure three (including a double, Husker Du did five with two double LPs...U2 were never prolific. Even in the early 80s they didn't do an album a year.

No, U2 were never a one a year like many starting bands back then, but no one was releasing 3 or 4 albums between 85 to 87.

Some radio station says that U2 are going to "rock the stage" at the iheart radio awards tomorrow night. Whatever that means!? Could be just to collect an award, or possibly perform?

So Larry in Ireland, but U2 are 'rocking the stage' at the awards tomorrow? Hmm

I feel like Larry uploads pictures from while back. or he's not gonna attend the award ceremony, I still don't know

Not surprised, it's iHeartRadio.

yeah this is an awards show for industry darlings, ie those you see affiliated with the likes of live nation, clear channel. those championing the existing industry, traditional radio formats, etc

U2 and Taylor Swift are basically royalty

Now Adam has posted a pic saying time to shave....they are upto something

Some radio station says that U2 are going to "rock the stage" at the iheart radio awards tomorrow night. Whatever that means!? Could be just to collect an award, or possibly perform?
It's confusing, but I'm going to stick with the fact that they're only receiving the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom