SOI Moments That Give You Chills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iris says I'll be the death of her.
It was not me.
Thinking of how many times I heard that as a kid. Then thinking of the guilt a child has actually thinking they were the death of a parent. Just WOW!!

Sent from my XT1058 using U2 Interference mobile app

Iris says I'll be the death of her.
It was not me.
Thinking of how many times I heard that as a kid. Then thinking of the guilt a child has actually thinking they were the death of a parent. Just WOW!!

Sent from my XT1058 using U2 Interference mobile app

:up:

And the way Bono's voice sort of falls off when he is through with the line... mm, so good.

When the chorus first drops on Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, when the beat drops on This Is Where You Can Reach Me , The chorus falsetto on Volcano, and the prechorus of Cedarwood Rd.

First time hearing the RAISED BY WOLVES chorus ...it was jarring as it was meant to be. Then Iris of course...I could hear her saying "Paul you are going to be the death of me."

How the 'RAISed BY WOLVES' chorus just suddenly kicks in out of nowhere

That's also one of my favourite moments. It almost initially sounds as it was someone else singing it and just a few seconds after you realize that still it's Bono but with different singing.
The other moment I like a lot (but it doesn't give me chills) is the chord progression of "Iris" and the way Bono simply sings "Iris.. Iris" over it, as if he was calling a beautiful ghost or something like that.

When I first heard the "Ba Ba Barbara, Santa Barbara" intro to California, I cringed a little. But I LOVE it now, especially the last one where the high voice drops out and we're left with this deep voice that sounds so, so cool.

I really wish they'd have reprised this later in the song.

OH! And the quiet hmmming underneath the 2nd stanza in Song for Someone. Gorgeous.

First and Last 50 seconds of Cedarwood Road. When EBW chorus kicks in. End of the Miracle. End of Iris. All of The Troubles.

I get chills whenever I listen to the shitty songs...Song For Someone, Cedarwood Road, etc.

I guess Bono's singing on "California" is the only bit on the album that really gets me pumped up. Cool tune even if they still haven't put out a new song since Atomic Bomb that I'd even put in the Top 50 of theirs, but California and Crazy Tonight come close for me.

Back
Top Bottom