SOE Holdouts until 12/1- The End is Near

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want my first listen to be when I'm driving in my truck, alone. I have 2 young kids, a busy wife and I can't really listen to music at work, so I have few peaceful moments in the day. That's my main reason for holding out.

Wow, I just realized I haven't posted in YEARS despite enjoying almost all of SOI and enjoying more than half of NLOTH and following these boards for years. But I'm somehow holding off from listening despite some amazing fan reviews so far. I think what gives me hope based on those reviews is the intense nature of some of the lyrics and more atmosphere than SOI. And some of the stories that people have put out there about their personal lives and how they could relate to the songs feels like my situation as well.

I'm hoping that I haven't built up my expectations too high based on all these fan reviews!!! 4 more days :)

90% of the people on this thread said they listened to all of it or part of it. You're on the wrong thread! Get off!

I just always assume things have virus or malware, so that's my best reason not to even try to find it.

Maybe we will be rewarded and our copies from ticketmaster or U2 will arrive early...

90% of the people on this thread said they listened to all of it or part of it. You're on the wrong thread! Get off!

I just always assume things have virus or malware, so that's my best reason not to even try to find it.

Isn't this is the thread for hold outs? Who else is still waiting for Friday?

Last edited:
So I have begun planning out my personal listening party. We have a finished basement, so on Thursday I’ll put the kids to bed and hang out with the wife for a bit and then head down to the basement at about 11:15p(I remember NLOTH pooping up on my iTunes at around 11:30p or so). I’m going to have some hot sake as that is my drink of choice and I’m going to play the album on my blue tooth speaker that I just purchased and it has a great sound to it for the cost. Lights will be dimmed and I’m going to enjoy this.....well I hope I will or I’m going to not like the album and be one of the few not on board!

I think I'll do my usual ritual in the digital age and download the album on Thursday night (pre-ordered digital deluxe on Amazon) and put on my best headphones and then HOPEFULLY work from home on Friday so I can blast it on the speakers. So far, I don't have any meetings on Friday so I can easily focus on the music :)

So I have begun planning out my personal listening party. We have a finished basement, so on Thursday I’ll put the kids to bed and hang out with the wife for a bit and then head down to the basement at about 11:15p(I remember NLOTH pooping up on my iTunes at around 11:30p or so). I’m going to have some hot sake as that is my drink of choice and I’m going to play the album on my blue tooth speaker that I just purchased and it has a great sound to it for the cost. Lights will be dimmed and I’m going to enjoy this.....well I hope I will or I’m going to not like the album and be one of the few not on board!

Favorite post of the week!

My brother once said to me U2 rarely releases their best songs as singles. I agree.

I'm with you. I've only heard the released singles/lyric videos audio, plus Little Things. The latter has been my favourite, so I hope they've done it justice in the studio.

Also, I've refrained from listening to any of the singles for about a week now.

Last edited:

I'd listen to it with headphones first.

Sounds lovely!

For some of the prior new releases this fall by bands I liked, I got a link to the 320 kpbs mp3 sent to me around 10:30-ish for pre-orders I made on them. Then I just synced the songs to my phone, put on some headphones in a dark room, and took the music in from around 11 to midnight.

Assuming I don't crack between now and then, I suspect I'll do something similar. I don't expect a link with the mp3s, since it doesn't look like those are coming. But I'll either get the complete iTunes download or find a similar sounding download between now and then. Either way, I'll be picking up the deluxe CD on Friday for sure!

My plan is to worry first about making sure I get GA's for Chicago 2 on Wednesday.

Then Friday morning I will download everything, but not listen. I will drive 25 miles to the "local" record store and buy the vinyl, even though I do not have a decent turntable.

I realized tonight that I have done a version of this ritual for the past 20 years for each new album on its release day--drive in and physically buy the vinyl or CD.

Then I will perhaps have a brief lunch, after which I will put on my good earphones and go for a walk (weather permitting) while I listen.

Based on the reviews, I may need to find a bench, sit down, and turn into a puddle of tears after I listen. I can't wait.

Can't wait to get my first listen on the 1st of December! (Note : The correct spelling of the date!) [emoji41]

I love to stop by this thread and see what peoples listening plans are. Very cool to wait it out. Wish i had not listened to the FB live thing. But it is what it is.

You all will be greatly rewarded.

For those tempted to cave and want new music of some sort, I tend to find that Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist and Pandora are helping the cause a bit more. In fact, I downloaded a few tracks this morning which I had liked off them over the past day or two.

I’m listening to the new You Talking U2 to Me podcast and they’re playing samples. Other than that I’m still not listening to the album in full until Friday.

I'm still holding out, as I've planned to do since I first heard about the leaks. It is difficult, but I have had a busy week, so that is helping prevent me from caving in. My plan is to lay in my bed and play it on Spotify (no ads cause I have premium) before I go to sleep as soon as it releases. That has become my ritual whenever an artist I love releases a new album. I was already extremely hype, but my anticipation has increased seeing all of these positive reviews! I like every U2 album, so I will surely love this one!

I’m listening to the new You Talking U2 to Me podcast and they’re playing samples. Other than that I’m still not listening to the album in full until Friday.

I'm still holding out but the new U Talkin U2 is really testing my patience, since now I feel like I can't listen to that yet either! Damn.

I have the "proper" leak, and it sounds just dandy, but as I understand, it's just 192 kbs (I don't even know if kbs is the right ... uh ... thingie to use).

Amazon is telling me my deluxe edition CDs won't be in my hands until the 6th - 8th! WTF, jerks.

Will the music on Spotify have a higher kbs-thingie than the leak that's been out? Because I want to blast that sucker properly Friday night after work.

I have the "proper" leak, and it sounds just dandy, but as I understand, it's just 192 kbs (I don't even know if kbs is the right ... uh ... thingie to use).

Amazon is telling me my deluxe edition CDs won't be in my hands until the 6th - 8th! WTF, jerks.

Will the music on Spotify have a higher kbs-thingie than the leak that's been out? Because I want to blast that sucker properly Friday night after work.

Mine is still on for December 1 from Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom