Rumors...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
Most of this is old stuff, but continues to be talked about by certain people "in the know", supposedly... take all this with a pound of salt:

- Album will be released in the US on Friday, November 14th, with midnight releases at certain big city record stores (if they still exist)

- First single is "No Line On The Horizon", released in a couple of weeks (mid-September)

- Edge's guitar is featured prominently on the album, some very melodic work

- Adam and Larry contributed a great deal to the album, including some lyrics by Adam

- The biggest "hit" will be "Moment Of Surrender", which is described as 'U2 at its finest'

- Tour is still scheduled to start in Las Vegas in March 2009, with one or two warm-up gigs preceding opening night. Still deciding whether to do a mix of stadiums and arenas in the US, or arenas only

- Tour will feature new "digital 3D sound system", which Joe O'Herlihy's crew has been busy working on

- Promo Tour (like the Manhatten/Brooklyn Bridge gigs last time) on the West Coast: L.A., Las Vegas, San Francisco as possibilities

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

"The most asked question is: Don't people grow out of bands? Most people find it hard, as they grow up, to deal with friction. But the friction is a sign of being really alive."

"Touring nowadays...you know that you don't wanna stay up till 4 o'clock in the morning drinking. And it sounds kind of boring, but you really make a lot better use of the day if you're not staying up till 4 o'clock in the morning. And there's only so many towns you can do that in anyway."

Most of this is old stuff, but continues to be talked about by certain people "in the know", supposedly... please take all this with a pound of salt:

- Album will be released in the US on Friday, November 14th, with midnight releases at certain big city record stores (if they still exist)

including some lyrics by Adam

- Promo Tour (like the Manhatten/Brooklyn Bridge gigs last time) on the West Coast: L.A., Las Vegas, San Francisco as possibilities

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I was aware of all that expect this crap...lyrics by Adam? cooool...promo tour on the West Coast? :drool:

and...what's up with that record store stuff...haven't heard anything at all about that....just stuff about the RED store..:hmm:

- Adam and Larry contributed a great deal to the album, including some lyrics by Adam

- The biggest "hit" will be "Moment Of Surrender", which is described as 'U2 at its finest'

- Tour is still scheduled to start in Las Vegas in March 2009, with one or two warm-up gigs preceding opening night. Still deciding whether to do a mix of stadiums and arenas in the US, or arenas only

I don't remember hearing any of this. Did I miss major news items? :scratch:

I don't remember hearing any of this. Did I miss major news items? :scratch:

apparently edge said they would start it in vegas....somethin like that..maybe it was Larry's sister though...not sure but yeah this was a pretty big piece of news that apparently you did miss ;)

All similar to stuff we already heard. :huh:. Adam lyrics ? I'll believe that when I see it.

Yes, Edge said Vegas in March 2009. However he also said album "maybe in 2009"

apparently edge said they would start it in vegas....somethin like that..maybe it was Larry's sister though...not sure but yeah this was a pretty big piece of news that apparently you did miss ;)

I knew about Vegas and the stadiums but nothing about them thinking about only doing arena shows. I thought it was they would start in arenas then go to stadiums.

I thought this was a thread discussing old Fleetwood Mac albums:D but I see it is actually kindergarten.

Sorry, I just love tweaking BVS, he's not used to it around here.

Fleetwood Mac is also touring next year, but without Sheryl Crow taking Christine McVie's spot, tg.

Albums come out in the US on Tuesdays, so #1 has to be wrong.

Also, Moment of Surrender is supposedly 8 minutes long, so it ain't gonna be a single much less a hit much less the biggest hit.

Other than that, sounds interesting, I guess.

I have a rumor as well:

-It's a concept album.

Albums come out in the US on Tuesdays, so #1 has to be wrong.

Also, Moment of Surrender is supposedly 8 minutes long, so it ain't gonna be a single much less a hit much less the biggest hit.

Other than that, sounds interesting, I guess.

I have a rumor as well:

-It's a concept album.

Concept album. Theme: surrender

Back
Top Bottom