RED (WIRE) - Video clip of a new Christmas U2 song (11/30/08)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cool.

also encouraging that the pictures are not the same from the other video thread (different guitar/outfits)

very exciting.

I know it's just a short clip but is anyone else surprised/impressed by the vocal performance here?

And, do you know what else this means? CBPCH is not the only U2 Christmas song we will have any more!

Last edited:
Bono's doing that same sharp thing he did with that "HA-ppy birthday to ya" song for Mandela.

So crisp and wonderful.:drool::drool:

Can they really be back?

What a fantastic Christmas we're in store for if U2's about to kick it into gear.
:applaud::applaud:

I know it's just a cover and I know we've only heard 21 seconds of the song, but how about Bono's voice and how about Larry's drums:drool:

tried signing up for red(wire) but the "sign up" link isnt working...anyone else have this issue?

Omfgggggggggggggg!!!! Bono sounds un fucking believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm fucking speechless...this sounds so fucking awesome i don't even know what to say!!! Thank you!! I love this band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bono's in the stratosphere right from the get-go on this one!!! Hope the whole song keeps that energy up. :drool:

The guitar sounds awesome. Vintage Edge.

Bono's vocals are definitely strained in that clip though.

Strained? When one strains, they sound weak and aren't quite reaching the note. I know it was a short clip, but I'm with everyone else here - he sounded great. He hit the notes with a lot of power - not straining.

But I guess some people need to complain about something.

Actually the high notes sound quite effortless here. These are the same high notes - B - as the studio version of pride, believe it or not. And if anything in pride he actually sounds more strained.

hahaha, not sure what you're listening to, but what I hear is deffiiiiinitely not strained, he's hitting those notes effortlessly...this sounds incredible

XMAS songs are generally g@y

this homo is totally g@y for Christmas from a non-religious standpoint -- it's all so pretty, the lights -- so i guess you're right?

or are you just using the word "gay" to mean something negative and are far too dull to come up with an appropriate adjective?

I LOVE "I Believe In Father Christmas!" I didn't know this new song was going to be a cover, but I'm very happy that this is the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom