Predictions For The New Album - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2014, 01:17 AM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Sr. Poop will be joy

Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Jesus just hung myself after reading this thread, thanks for that

Old 01-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #18
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
1. Everyone will hate it after a few weeks.

2. 'x song is an old U2 song here rewrite!'

3. Complaints about Bono's song themes.

4. High praise from RS.

5. Weight/money related jokes about Paul Mc
I never noticed the last point, but everything else you've said rings as likely. I hope for the best, but U2 of the present is morally adrift, especially Bono. With the massive turmoil created by American politicians and their non-American lackeys abroad both politically (the wars, Obama's increasing breach of international norms, Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning) and economically (the Wall Street elites that caused the financial crash that we're suffering through to this day; the Occupy movement), U2 seems uninterested in confronting these issues, as the band would have in the '80s. U2 and especially Bono are too wed to the very criminals in Western capitals and on Wall Street that are getting away with literal murder to criticize them. Just more nonsense about Africa and criticizing human rights violations by America's enemies.

Musically, I see little hope of change, given that rubbish that was the Spider-Man musical or that awful Mandela tribute song.

Again, I hope for the best, but I fear the worst. That said, life's no fun without hope, so perhaps ignore my sentiments, as I'm more excited to get another "Rattle and Hum" or "Pop", let alone another "Achtung Baby."
Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 AM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by last unicorn View Post
Oh wow the positivity here is almost too much. Good to hear the fans are really believing in U2. Sometimes I think some here only want a new album so they have something to bitch about.
In all fairness, U2 did this to THE FANS. The last album I was super excited about was "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" because Bono said it was more like "Achtung Baby." Punk rock on Venus turned out to be that piece of trash "Vertigo."
Old 01-15-2014, 02:39 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldfeld View Post
I never noticed the last point, but everything else you've said rings as likely. I hope for the best, but U2 of the present is morally adrift, especially Bono. With the massive turmoil created by American politicians and their non-American lackeys abroad both politically (the wars, Obama's increasing breach of international norms, Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning) and economically (the Wall Street elites that caused the financial crash that we're suffering through to this day; the Occupy movement), U2 seems uninterested in confronting these issues, as the band would have in the '80s. U2 and especially Bono are too wed to the very criminals in Western capitals and on Wall Street that are getting away with literal murder to criticize them. Just more nonsense about Africa and criticizing human rights violations by America's enemies.

Musically, I see little hope of change, given that rubbish that was the Spider-Man musical or that awful Mandela tribute song.

Again, I hope for the best, but I fear the worst. That said, life's no fun without hope, so perhaps ignore my sentiments, as I'm more excited to get another "Rattle and Hum" or "Pop", let alone another "Achtung Baby."

Wed to? Seriously?

When humans become adults they realise that those with differing opinions / motives are not inherently evil, and they work WITH them to improve outcomes. An activist in a room with a high ranking politician achieves more in half an hour than most smelly hippy activists do in their lives because no one takes them seriously, and they have no power.
W
Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 AM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldfeld View Post

Yo what up Debbie... You live in this revisionist fantasy bubble, Bono didn't really attack these issues in the 80s; he wrote Bullet, would say something about Reagan or Thatcher on stage, but Snowden nor I occupy would have ever shown up in his music.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Without a judgment on its quality, this is what a lot of early reviews said about Unknown Caller.
Well, my favorite (by a couple miles) Edge solo is from LIB so this is what I'm thinking of...While I doubt he will ever reach that dizzying height again, I sure hope he can top the solo in Unknown Caller.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 03:06 PM
The album won't come out until spring 2015. But that isn't such a bad thing as The Edge really has found a spark of creativity that he hasn't felt since the early 90's. The band is continuing without Mr. Mouse and is recording an album on their own. This album will be part of a four album box set released next spring and includes the Dangermouse album plus reggae based and bsides collections for 48 new tracks in all. The tour will start this summer and many of the new tracks will be heard even before the box set comes out.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Prediction.

For about a week everyone will go bat shit crazy over how great it is.

Then reality will set in, and there will be some criticism of the album... Some of it warranted, some of it pure and blatant trolling by the most usual of usual suspects, who's arguments will revolve around Radiohead, Rush, Coldplay and Battlestar Galactica.

This will be followed up by having arguments that can not be won by either side, as they are based solely on opinions, therefore making both sides of the argument right and wrong at the same time. This may or may not lead to somebody calling someone's church.

Eventually someone will freak the fuck out that we're too negative and that bono thinks we're terrible people, before running back to BAGEL to read fan fiction, never to be seen in any other part of these forums until the next new album speculation thread.

End prediction.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people
Old 01-15-2014, 07:44 AM   #25
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Prediction.

For about a week everyone will go bat shit crazy over how great it is.

Then reality will set in, and there will be some criticism of the album... Some of it warranted, some of it pure and blatant trolling by the most usual of usual suspects, who's arguments will revolve around Radiohead, Rush, Coldplay and Battlestar Galactica.

This will be followed up by having arguments that can not be won by either side, as they are based solely on opinions, therefore making both sides of the argument right and wrong at the same time. This may or may not lead to somebody calling someone's church.

Eventually someone will freak the fuck out that we're too negative and that bono thinks we're terrible people, before running back to BAGEL to read fan fiction, never to be seen in any other part of these forums until the next new album speculation thread.

End prediction.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Donkey Punch will be amazing.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 AM   #26
The Fly

Local Time: 07:06 PM
There's a confirmed rumor that Paul McG sat down with the boys for one last talk before leaving, a big one...it appears he was really serious, almost angry, and with a glass of scotch in his hand he delivered his last piece of wisdom to help the guys conquer the world again...
The reports say his actual words were: "You wanna be the biggest band in the world again? Put those cryin babys of coldplay in their place? Recapture the spark? Have Naomi and the big girls at your feet like in the 90's? Get back on drugs. Right the fuck now. You bored me to tears for the last decade...fuckin rehabs they ruined you! Ruined you ya hear me?!! Bunch of pussys with your fuckin black and white photos again and again and again..."
After this his assistant helped him get up, seems he was really drunk and with tears in his eyes...as he was leaving someone reported he was mumbling to himself "donkey punch...last chance... fr hits...hits...hits."

Old 01-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #27
you are what you is

It will be an album that is deemed "not dark enough" (and possibly "lacking variations in the sonic soundscape") by Interference, while regaining U2's status as biggest band in the world.
Dangermouse will be notified he will produce the next U2 album too.
Tour as always will be a great success.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
Dangermouse will be notified he will produce the next U2 album too.
But will he accept...

I'm only predicting a short title.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudreamer View Post
There's a confirmed rumor that Paul McG sat down with the boys for one last talk before leaving, a big one...it appears he was really serious, almost angry, and with a glass of scotch in his hand he delivered his last piece of wisdom to help the guys conquer the world again...
The reports say his actual words were: "You wanna be the biggest band in the world again? Put those cryin babys of coldplay in their place? Recapture the spark? Have Naomi and the big girls at your feet like in the 90's? Get back on drugs. Right the fuck now. You bored me to tears for the last decade...fuckin rehabs they ruined you! Ruined you ya hear me?!! Bunch of pussys with your fuckin black and white photos again and again and again..."
After this his assistant helped him get up, seems he was really drunk and with tears in his eyes...as he was leaving someone reported he was mumbling to himself "donkey punch...last chance... fr hits...hits...hits."
that was Rob Ford, not McGuinness..
Old 01-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #30
Galeonbroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudreamer View Post
and with a glass of scotch in his hand
An Irishman with Scotch? Seriously? They wouldn't be caught dead.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote