one more beautiful issue with GOYB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think the perfect Bono line would be...

"Your soul is beautiful when you love on your knees."

Bono didn't think that kneeling really would cut it on NLOTH, so he decided that standing up would be a better idea for a lyric.

Aside from the issues of similarity to Vertigo, I found yet another that makes the song even less original:
Chorus:
You don’t know how beautiful
You don’t know how beautiful you are
You don’t know, and you don’t get it, do you?

Chorus of City of Blinging Lights:
Oh you look so beautiful tonight
In the city of blinding lights

Could they not find another word to go there?:hmm:

this is the most lame argument EVER! So you mean to tell me that because the song contains beautiful which other songs also have it, it is automatically not original????? It would be almost impossible to write so many songs (like U2 does) without having some of its words repeated.

See - you think that you're joking! But that could well be where the seed of that lyric came from! :lol:

It's actually pretty likely that was the case. Oh Bono. :happy:

You know, after a while your knees start to hurt :uhoh:

He probably had to choose between having the doctor telling him to stop kneeling or a knee reconstruction. I think we all know what he chose! :wink:

I just do not like "Get On Your Boots". I loathe "I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Kill myself when hearing this song tonight", and, like everyone else, I'm not exactly thrilled by "Stand Up Comedy" (the latter two having the two worst U2-titles ever?).

It's easy to hate-on those latter two, but I can't really figure out why I hate "Get On Your Boots". But hate it I do.

Aside from the issues of similarity to Vertigo, I found yet another that makes the song even less original:
Chorus:
You don’t know how beautiful
You don’t know, and you don’t get it, do you?

Chorus of City of Blinging Lights:
In the city of blinding lights

Could they not find another word to go there?:hmm:
I think you're right. U2 is trying more and more to use buzzwords. It's annoying as hell.

and, like everyone else, I'm not exactly thrilled by "Stand Up Comedy" (the latter two having the two worst U2-titles ever?).

No, not like everyone else, but like some people here. Don't generalize. I love Stand up Comedy and many others do, too.

I can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously, just because U2 use a word more than once in their songs. Let's forget all poetry, because it's basically made up of the same words.

are you saying it was spontaneous?!
Ofcourse not. Don't you know that U2 never does anything spontaneous anymore? Everything is scripted, up to the fans pulled on stage! :tsk:

and, like everyone else, I'm not exactly thrilled by "Stand Up Comedy"

Oh really? I'm rather fond of the song, and I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one. I'd say it's 50/50 or perhaps even more in favour of liking that song, just the bashers love to shout about it. Stop generalising everything that has to do with YOUR opinion. Start realising that the majority of this forum doesn't agree with it and get over it. You're not giving anyone any room for discussion.

I'll take the - admittedly weak - attempt of whitey funk/Chilli Peppers sound on Comedy over the ATYCLB-rehash of Crazy and Vertigo part II aka Boots any day.

:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom