No recording sessions until November!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
silvrlvr said:

I wonder if that's why they're already talking about two albums, because if the new approach fails they have a more-traditional U2 record in reserve that they could roll out quickly.

I really like that idea. :)

matsimon said:
new album in october/november 2008...

Seems about right. :yes:

Too many moaning idiots on here. You should just be grateful that after 30 years they're still interested in experimenting and releasing records.

"The (Hawaii) show closed with a subdued rendering of “All I Want Is You,” as drummer Larry Mullen Jr. sent the crowd home with a smile: “See you soon.”
Soon will likely be in 2008, U2 manager Paul McGuinness tells Billboard.com. U2 will first regroup in the studio, with an eye on releasing its next album by late 2007."
-Billboard.com

The early days...

roy said:

Too many moaning idiots on here. You should just be grateful that after 30 years they're still interested in experimenting and releasing records.

Hey, after 30 years, they should be grateful that WE are still interested!!:wink:

roy said:
Too many moaning idiots on here.

Are you forgetting that you are not supposed to personally attack other members? You would have thought the suspension would have taught you something. I'm not going to tell you again.

roy said:

Grateful? I'm paying their kids' school fees. They owe me an album, damn it!

(Comment heavy with sarcasm...)

that doesnt mean theyre not doing work on their own.
im sure they get together and rehearse sometimes even if its not at a recording studio

U2girl said:
I'd rather they spend more time and make a better album than rush things just for the sake of having something released.

So... lemme get this straight. They waited 4 years to release something as mediocre as HTDAAB. To perfect it I wonder how long they would take. 8 years? :hmm:

2012. :happy:

It could come out in 2012, but the single mixes would be coming well into 2014.

Interesting that Eno and Lanois are actually officially co-writing the songs, from what I undestand. So if it's more collaborative, will it still be a U2 album, or will it be something like passengers or the million dollar band? From reading U2 by U2 Eno and Lanois wrote more than what they got credit for on All that you can't leave behind.

Zootlesque said:

So... lemme get this straight. They waited 4 years to release something as mediocre as HTDAAB. To perfect it I wonder how long they would take. 8 years? :hmm:

2012. :happy:

I like how you skipped this part :

(within reason and provided there isn't a problem with the sessions/producer, more than anything else I'm worried about the reports of increased hard work in the studio, re: last three albums, it's like it's work and not making music)

The only reason Bomb took so long was because Thomas wasn't working for them and not everyone agreed on the music (see above re: hard work in the studio and producer trouble). Even with Adam and Lanois vetoing, Lillywhite only worked on the album for a few months.

"Mediocre" is an opinion, not a fact. Plenty of fans enjoy it a lot. And yes, I'll take every album version compared to the Itunes outtakes and alternate mixes (though I miss the ABOY alternate lyrics) so in that sense, yes, I do think more time helped the album. We don't even know what Bomb was like in 2003 so there is no point in speculating what may or may not have been better back then.

U2girl said:

The only reason Bomb took so long was because Thomas wasn't working for them and not everyone agreed on the music (see above re: hard work in the studio and producer trouble). Even with Adam and Lanois vetoing, Lillywhite only worked on the album for a few months.

:up: I can't believe how difficult it is for people to understand this. Under normal circumstances, Bomb was easily a 3 year release.

And you're completely right about the Bomb hatred being mere opinion. The majority loved it, the critics loved it, and it sold, what, 9 million copies? Hardly a mediocre effort.

LemonMelon said:

And you're completely right about the Bomb hatred being mere opinion. The majority loved it, the critics loved it, and it sold, what, 9 million copies? Hardly a mediocre effort.

Exactly :bow: :bow:

It's amazing how some people around here desperately attempt to re-write history to suite their own agenda. The vast majority of fans and critics loved Bomb. Get over it.

I hope U2 don't become like the Eagles, in the sense of becoming almost crushed by the weight of history (ie their impressive back catalogue). When Eagles resumed in 1994, they started talking about continuing as a creative band in the sense of coming up with new material, but apart from a few mediocre songs - some possibly imported from solo projects - their 'new' album is finally due for release in October 2007! God knows how long they've been recording for, but rumours abounded of perfectionism, ego clashes, fear of failure etc - U2 take note, and please don't end up like that!

(Completely random, totally off-topic observation: overheard in my office the other day. "That was The Edge on the phone." Just for a second, my brain was going 'What the f**k', until I was informed that it was a restaurant of the same name inquiring whether or not we wanted to confirm our Christmas booking.)

LemonMelon said:

it sold, what, 9 million copies? Hardly a mediocre effort.

Since when do good sales mean something wasn't mediocre??

roy said:

"The majority loved it, the critics loved it"...

Why leave the start of the sentence out?

I don't think that the first half of that sentence is quantifiable, frankly.

according to Daniel Lanois, the album is written! if they go to record the record in November, will certainly not be launched this year... then, would be strange they to record this year only to launch in the end of the year that comes... remembers that the Adam had said something on March of 2008? this is my opinion... MARCH!

Irvine511 said:
:shrug:

i'm just happy they still care enough at nearly 50 years old and really haven't become the Rolling Stones.

Ditto :up:

I'm hyped up about the new album and then the next tour as it'll likely be the first time I'll get to see them in concert since I really got into them in 1997. I like what I heard of the beach clips and I can't wait to hold the new offering in my hands.

Back
Top Bottom