Next Album Rumours Thread II - Songs of Ass Scent - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #151
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
This is reflected in their music videos mostly. Love Is Bigger was supposedly about Bono’s kids and the music video is about LGBT pride, which is fine, but to me it’s them always tying themselves into the hot topic of conversation for relevancy.

Not so sure about the content always being about *relevancy*. The sound... the features... yes. 100%. But the content seems to always be the most conscious part of U2. Bonzo wasn’t afraid to write shit like Boots —when nobody cared about that shit—. I’d say hit or miss, Bono tends to write from the heart with his own message.

Bottom line is popularity isn’t driven by lyrical content. Popularity of sound/catchiness makes your lyrics/content influential, though.

LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:45 PM
sources tell me nothing is happening

Registered Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:32 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
sources tell me nothing is happening
#kawhiwatch
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:12 AM   #154
The Fly

I agree: Bono tends to write from the heart. With the song "Boots" I find it catchy and love the video. It is definitely an original song. Some like it, others don't. But, personally speaking, it is a good pop song: even though U2 are a rock band.

I'd say it is down to personal preference.
MissCandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:47 PM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
I personally think u2 shouldn’t call it quits but they really need to stop caring so much about what people think and should stop being afraid and second guessing every song they write. U2 will never be what u2 was in the 80’s and 90’s. It’s simply not possible this late in their career but I get the feeling sometimes that U2 still wants to be what they were during their peak. And this has an effect on their current music. They shouldn’t be trying so hard and just write and release music that comes from their hearts. Who cares if it will not be a radio hit? They will never be number one again so they should just take that pressure off of themselves and just write music.
I agree that they need to stop trying so hard. They can do whatever they want at this point in their career and they can't let go of trying to be cool with the kids. It happened organically with ATYCLB, they tried to fabricate it with HTDAAB (and succeeded to a degree), and NLOTH was a halfway attempt at being experimental, but not quite. SOI pissed off the kids and made them ignore SOE out of spite. And here we are, with nothing to do but make poop jokes.
Rachel D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor

Innocence pissed off the kids because they weren't interested in U2 anymore.

Experience did what it was supposed to do.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:37 AM   #157
War Child

Local Time: 07:45 PM
They must have a veritable $hit tonne of ideas stockpiled up - its been nearly 2 years since SOE was released - between stuff they rejected and things they've been doing since. I'd love to see them doing a series of EPs over the next while - even if its a few new tracks and 1/2 remixes per release, just something different without it being the whole pressure of being a new U2 album.
ascender_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:45 PM
Will be nice when and if we start to hear any rumblings about new stuff happening.

I loved SOI and SOE, only a couple songs i skip on each.

But would love if the next (possibly last) album had an overall atmosphere in the vein of Love Comes Tumbling or something like that.
Would be nice to have more of the open, dreamy type sound. Love is All and Landlady sort of have a hint of that.

Either way, I'm excited to see how it plays out.
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #159
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascender_RS View Post
They must have a veritable $hit tonne of ideas stockpiled up - its been nearly 2 years since SOE was released - between stuff they rejected and things they've been doing since. I'd love to see them doing a series of EPs over the next while - even if its a few new tracks and 1/2 remixes per release, just something different without it being the whole pressure of being a new U2 album.
“Things they’ve been doing since”? You mean like overeating and going to art galleries?

I doubt they’ve done much of anything creatively in the last 2 years.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #160
War Child

Local Time: 08:45 PM
I think we're not spoilt with releases..... Last general release is SOE, almost two years ago indeed.... Don't count the RSD-releases for the vinyl-fetished... No proper cd/dvd/br release since then. Stones, Springsteen and even Noel Gallagher are releasing regularly. Bowie and Prince aren't among us anymore but are releasing a lot more than 'our' band. U2 could've sold a lot more, there are so much collectors under the fans. I see bands releasing cd-singles/ep's again, that could be cool the band would do that again. OK, they 'll tour Asia next, but for U2-fans it's a very dull time at this point. Not even an announcement for a dvd/br-release yet. The fanclub gift will arrive at some point in the far future.. No it could be far more attractive to be a U2-fan at the moment. The band seems on holiday for months, and their website too. Maybe we get some releases if they'll call it a day.
wolbersu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #161
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

When the 2019 tour begins, we'll get an influx of articles and interviews and such. My prediction is that we get a few vague comments about "being in the early stages" and that an album is a long way off. I think that U2 has probably ceased to exist ever since they walked offstage in Berlin, and they've been on break ever since. I imagine sometime in September they'll start rehearsals, and that will have been the first time all 4 of them have played music together since last November. Bottom line, we're at least 2 years away from a new album.
The_acrobat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #162
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Will be nice when and if we start to hear any rumblings about new stuff happening.

I loved SOI and SOE, only a couple songs i skip on each.

But would love if the next (possibly last) album had an overall atmosphere in the vein of Love Comes Tumbling or something like that.

Would be nice to have more of the open, dreamy type sound. Love is All and Landlady sort of have a hint of that.

Either way, I'm excited to see how it plays out.
The only rumblings we'll be hearing anytime soon are coming from Bono's tummy
Old 08-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #163
Blue Crack Addict

Tummy's have to be empty to rumble...there'll be no rumblings.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:22 AM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
When the 2019 tour begins, we'll get an influx of articles and interviews and such. My prediction is that we get a few vague comments about "being in the early stages" and that an album is a long way off. I think that U2 has probably ceased to exist ever since they walked offstage in Berlin, and they've been on break ever since. I imagine sometime in September they'll start rehearsals, and that will have been the first time all 4 of them have played music together since last November. Bottom line, we're at least 2 years away from a new album.

Definitely 2021 at the earliest I’d say
rennowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:44 AM   #165
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Tummy's have to be empty to rumble...there'll be no rumblings.