More New Song Titles Emerge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awkward titles, but most likely working titles anyway.

Great U2 titles:
Acrobat
A Sort of Homecoming
Bullet the Blue Sky
Exit
God Part II
Love Is Blindness
No Line on the Horizon
Running To Stand Still
Wire
Zoo Station
Love Comes Tumbling
Even Better Than the Real Thing

Cringe-worthy U2 titles:
A Man and a Woman
Beautiful Day
Get On Your Boots
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender
Magnificent
Original of the Species
Love and Peace Or Else
Peace On Earth
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
White As Snow
When I Look at the World

No surprise the titles have gotten worse more recently.

I wonder if The Sacred Heart Of Malibu song title has anything to do with Edge's recent legal battles with his Malibu area neighbors over land,space or whatever that was over.

Awkward titles, but most likely working titles anyway.

Great U2 titles:
Acrobat
A Sort of Homecoming
Bullet the Blue Sky
Exit
God Part II
Love Is Blindness
No Line on the Horizon
Running To Stand Still
Wire
Zoo Station
Love Comes Tumbling
Even Better Than the Real Thing

Cringe-worthy U2 titles:
A Man and a Woman
Beautiful Day
Get On Your Boots
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender
Magnificent
Original of the Species
Love and Peace Or Else
Peace On Earth
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
White As Snow
When I Look at the World

No surprise the titles have gotten worse more recently.

subjective and fairy strange list, to be honest.

Original Of The Species is one of the best song titles they've ever come up with.

Yeah, see, I don't follow giant threads like that, with news buried in them, so I appreciate a new thread like this. If the sticky thread is being updated regularly again, then disregard this post, otherwise, the whole point of this branch of the forum is album news, so why should everything be relegated to ONE thread?

I know this wasn't directed personally at me but I'm pretty busy on me end here so if anyone wants to help out, just do it. I don't think it would necessarily have to follow the same layout or anything if that's what has been holding people back.

Also, can I ask what is implied with "more" in the thread title? "More" since when? Wasn't this actually the very latest news from a couple of days ago? Then again, I don't suppose everybody follows new album news as closely as I am :p :lol::reject:

When I think of Malibu, I think of palm trees, expensive stuff, and skanky celebrities, not U2 song material. I suppose the song could be meant to be a contradiction or an oxymoron, since there's probably nothing sacred in Malibu.

Original Of The Species is one of the best song titles they've ever come up with.

That must be the first time anyone has praised that particular song title. All I know is I was baffled when the song title wasn't "Origin of the Species".

:doh:

That must be the first time anyone has praised that particular song title. All I know is I was baffled when the song title wasn't "Origin of the Species".

:doh:

You never thought that possibly that is exactly WHY it is called Original of the Species?

The giveaway line is the whole “you are the first one of your kind”

It’s not saying you are how your species evolved, it is saying that you are the very first one around. It’s a play on words, Original being first, Origin being where/how it evolved.

Of all their recent song titles, this one is the cleverest and catchiest

I know this wasn't directed personally at me but I'm pretty busy on me end here so if anyone wants to help out, just do it. I don't think it would necessarily have to follow the same layout or anything if that's what has been holding people back.

I was referring to the thread Sicy started when we started getting concrete news on NLOTH.

Like I said in the first place, this forum is for news on the new album, I don't see anything wrong with posting a thread with a new piece of news in it, rather than throwing it all into one thread full of random discussion about EVERY piece of news out there.

I'm pretty sure Sicy had agreed at one point, or said something similar re: new threads for different kinds of information.

Yeah, very strange...

:lol: agreed

Ugh...people complaining about titles. I'll tell you a crappy title..."The Joshua Tree." In the winter of 1986/87 my friends were waiting for the new U2 record and we read that it was called TJT. We were like, huh? What does that mean? It's kind of dull.

Then something in the summer of 91 I read that U2's next album would be called...wait for it..."Achtung Baby." I was like, "My god. They're nuts. That's the end of their career. This albums going to be a joke..."

Anyway, you get the point.

Well, it's one thing to pass judgment on a song because of the title, but a crappy title is a crappy title...and these titles are indeed crappy. I'd rather a one word title, or a weird phrase like "The Joshua Tree" or "Achtung Baby" or "Acrobat" or even "Wire" than some cheesey, cringeworthy title like "Sacred Heart"

You never thought that possibly that is exactly WHY it is called Original of the Species?

It’s not saying you are how your species evolved, it is saying that you are the very first one around. It’s a play on words, Original being first, Origin being where/how it evolved.

It's also pretty old as far as a phrase Bono came up with! I first heard him say "original of the species" somewhere back around The Joshua Tree era. I also give the title a :up:.

This.

shame the song doesn't live up to the name imo.

coolian2 said:
shame the song doesn't live up to the name imo.

The Killahurtz Remix should've been used as the official version. Much cooler.

2009-malibu-barbie.jpg

:bonodrum:

Back
Top Bottom