MERGED ----> New Album Update! + BONO: 'U2 Fans will feel difference on new album'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacemaker, good points, but U2 is not in an "exiting" mode haha...if anything this is one of those achtung baby type moments, where they are experimenting and creativity is at an all time high...they clearly express interest to keep going as long as they feel they aren't producing "crap music" ...and they are far from crap music as of now :yes:

and I hate to keep bringing this up, but judging from union chapel, Bono doesn't sound like he is thinking about U2's exit, although I would like to hear this song on the next tour :wink:

:drool: This sounds incredible.

I make fun of the Bono hype but, secretly, I always hope he's not putting us on. :D

Yay for double albums! Some of my favourites are doubles. Like The White Album and All Things Must Pass and The Wall. Even more modern ones like Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and (to some people's dismay, I'm sure) Stadium Arcadium.

There is some truth in Bono's statements, a U2 song does clear the dancefloor and I for one, would love that to change.

"We have enough material for two albums but it has to be extraordinary," he explained. "And I think we've got that."

I didn't read this as a double album, which it isn't, but look at the tense there. "And I think we've got that." Doesn't it look like they are nearly done with it? I know aobut the November release theory but maybe they will do it earlier.

Also, Bono cracks me up.

I suspect Bono hasn't the faintest clue what "hardcore guitar" actually sounds like.

:corn: I like how people skip the "new direction" (we had Lanois, Eno, Edge, Bono and Adam say that by now) and "two albums of material" worthwhile news and go for the "molten metal" tidbit.

I bet upon the release 90% of posts will be "That's not molten metal zomg!!!!"

Considering how well their last double album went over, I doubt they're in a hurry to do that. I'd rather we get one great album with 11-or-so songs on it.

Last edited:
Utoo said:

The article quoted shows how Bono quotes get taken way out of context, create wrong expectations of the album, and then get Bono slagged by wannabe-funny fans down the road. A Bono hyperbole of "Edge is playing molten metal" becomes a headline of "U2 album inspired by metal." :tsk:

Just wait from now on until the album comes out: I predict "molten metal lolz" digs on a regular basis, especially when the thing is released.

Pass on a double album, give me a great album with 11 songs on it. As for all the "dancefloor" talk, as long as it's not a Pop part II...

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Considering how well their last double album went over, I doubt they're in a hurry to do that.

U2 has released a double album? :huh:

U2girl said:
Rattle and Hum ? Wasn't that a double album on the ol' LP format ?

It was released in the CD era though, and it's always been a single CD.

There wasn't a LP version released ? They do vynil even now...

Anyway, he said "two albums" of material, not "a double album". They have enough trouble coming up with a single album anyway.

The dancefloor direction interests me more than this "molten metal" expression aswell as this drummers paradise.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

<3 Bono hype.

when reading this, i thought he was going to drop the "punk rock on venus" line again :wink:

sounds good, hope it's true. from the clips of the lanois film, it sounds like that could be true. that one riff from edge was awesome.

can't wait to hear some of these tracks.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the new album. :heart:

He explained that fans might even get more than they bargained for. Should be interesting!

To all those getting carried away....I can go back 20+ yrs of bono soundbites regarding new albums. The words change but the message remans the the same!

He has something about metal.

ATYCLB was titanium soul. Now this new album has molten metal sound.

I'll believe the new direction when I hear it. The test is for Larry and Adam to like the new music. Otherwise it'll be Lillywhite to come in and shine the music up.

I'd like this album to have less promotion as well. Just release it and see what happens. I know that's asking for the impossible, but one can hope.

After all, he is a travelling salesman, he has said it himself.

He does this shit on purpose, because he is like a little kid talking about some awesome "whatever " he is going to build and everyone will think it is the neatest thing!:drool: :rant: (gotta love em', though). :drool:

Even if they don't do a Passengers thing or a double album, I could see them releasing a proper album and then an appendix full of more experimental stuff. I'm thinking of James' Laid album and then the Wah-Wah record, which collected extra stuff from that session.

Maybe they could work the internet tip by having the proper cd "unlock" these extra tracks at u2.com.

Rob33 said:
pacemaker, good points, but U2 is not in an "exiting" mode haha...

To clarify, I meant that they probably don't have too many more years in them, and that an aural assault of awesomeness right now is exciting to anticipate.

I'd love for them to go on forever, but they have been talking about bowing out before everything - and everyone - gets tired. I don't see them making music and touring as U2 much past 2010-2015. So that gives us about 2-3 more albums and tours. In my mind, at least. Ho hum.

Back
Top Bottom