McGuinness Opens Up a bit on New Album & Artwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 should have used the picture from the back of HTDAAB for the cover. Ever realize U2 has only 2 covers without at least one of the band members on it, Zooropa & Boy (original).

Nine Inch Nails did an interesting thing for the download version of the last album: each song had its own graphic that popped up on iTunes when it played. They were simple images but very striking.

Whatever they wind up doing from a digital standpoint, it's likely to be something that works inside iTunes, since the band still has a close relationship with Apple.

i heard they're using the same boy from Nirvana's "Nevermind" cover.....naked again.

how about a bono drawing as the cover....

bonodrawing-1.jpg

I just want something totally awesome that I can't predict. Preferably not four guys looking like they're 60 years old and exhausted sitting in line, or four guys standing in an airport looking equally exhausted from the making of they're worst album ever.

I just want something totally awesome that I can't predict. Preferably not four guys looking like they're 60 years old and exhausted sitting in line, or four guys standing in an airport looking equally exhausted from the making of they're worst album ever.

I'm sorry, but ATYCLB is one of U2's best albums. I'm so tired of people bashing their 00s work. :|

I'm sorry, but ATYCLB is one of U2's best albums. I'm so tired of people bashing their 00s work. :|

i agree last unicorn. People forget when they say U2 have sold out their sound, that the are genre DEFINING.

They develop popular sounds. People use them, because its U2. They didnt sell out and make popular music, they made music that became popular.

Sadly, it will take until we are well into the next stage of U2 until people realise this, we've heard it all before

It wasn't so much drawing as it was stickers.

I had so much fun with that Beck cover, spent about an hour with those stickers, :hyper: Like a little kid.

I don't think that any U2 album covers are that fantastic, but none of them are bad either. Except HTDAAB. October is pretty crappy as well, but HTDAAB doesn't even have the "we were young, inexperienced and living in the 80s" excuse. Bono's head especially looks like a really bad Photoshop work.

They should sell the album on CD-Rs, which they burnt using iTunes on Bono's MacBook Air (with an external CD burner), directly from FLACs exported from Audacity, which the album was recorded on, to save money on mastering and "proper" mixing. McG can label the CDs himself with a blue Sharpie.

They should sell the album on CD-Rs, which they burnt using iTunes on Bono's MacBook Air (with an external CD burner), directly from FLACs exported from Audacity, which the album was recorded on, to save money on mastering and "proper" mixing. McG can label the CDs himself with a blue Sharpie.

Paul McG, McG is the terrible "director" behind Charlie's Angels...and for some reason the new Terminator movie.

Back
Top Bottom