Letter from Bono on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are no real evidence that he existed, but If you have you can always give me those peer-reviews. There might have been some guys around that time that did some things, but there arent any proof that it was jesus.

And there arent any proof for the virgin birth, the miracles...

I recently read an article wich collected over 50 studies, which lead to that there isnt any evidence...

So no it isnt being an jerk....

The point is that it was an open and thoughtful letter on a host of items including his belief in the birth. If he chooses to believe, why do you care? It was a letter to fans and not meant as a theological doctoral thesis. If you have just discovered his belief now, I wonder what you are doing here. There are biblical references all through U2's lyrics (I Will Follow, October, Most of War, Pride, TUF, almost JT including Streets, etc). So yes, F is for ...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The point is that it was an open and thoughtful letter on a host of items including his belief in the birth. If he chooses to believe, why do you care? It was a letter to fans and not meant as a theological doctoral thesis. If you have just discovered his belief now, I wonder what you are doing here. There are biblical references all through U2's lyrics (I Will Follow, October, Most of War, Pride, TUF, almost JT including Streets, etc). So yes, F is for ...

:up: This.

This thread / topic is the wrong place for a theological discussion.

There are no real evidence that he existed, but If you have you can always give me those peer-reviews. There might have been some guys around that time that did some things, but there arent any proof that it was jesus.

I recently read an article wich collected over 50 studies, which lead to that there isnt any evidence...

I think if there was scientific proof of miracles, they wouldn't be considered miracles. Also, if you don't believe a guy who was Jesus was born, then that sort of precludes 'proving' the virgin birth too, doesn't it? I'm not a believer, but I do believe in not being a **** about these things.

If you want to get into a science discussion, just post your articles. Then go look up some that contradict your articles. i'm not sure about mixing science and history, either, just as I know it's pretty hard to prove something doesn't exist. Maybe you need to ask Bono to cite his sources.

U2 has practically been a Christian Rock band over the years. You don't think a letter by its lead singer around Christmas just *might* talk about Jesus once or twice without having a loyal fan call him out on it?

Bah humbug.

Sent from my fingertips.

I'm very sure most haters don't take the time to read ANY of the article Bono has written, they only read a headline like "He'll never be able to play guitar again" and go: "Wow. Why didn't he fall on his mouth so he won't be able to sing ever again?" and ridiculous, childish stuff like that.

That's actually pretty funny

I have a feeling this thread is about to make a stop in Mount Saint Clusterfuckville soon.

With that said and in the hopes of continuing on....the letter was awesome. Very thoughtful and reassuring to fans that his accident is something the band will rebound from and (hopefully) be in full form come tour time!

Bono has a pretty self deprecating sense of humor. So it's no surprise that any of us who realize that and make light of situations it's all in good fun.

who gives a flying fuck?

:up: very well said.

My atheism is more diehard than your atheism!!!

Hey, ive probably been in more bar fights than most people here. That doesn't mean i go out looking for trouble though...

Like that one time i started talking about pussy orgy at Les Bos, some of the girls got a bit sideways with me. I don't know why...i was talking about my pet cats.

3x07-Cat-Orgy-south-park-21128767-720-540.jpg

Well, I liked this part of whole Jesus thing bono talked about,

"Who could conceive of such a story? If you believe it was the protagonist, as I do, then we should try to be really respectful of people who think the whole thing is a bit nutty or worse… Religious people are the best and worst of us…handle us with scepticism…
Strangely, maybe, some of the most rational thinkers see some kind of cosmic sense in all this… Francis Collins, who led the human genome project, is an obvious one… the language of science and faith are not necessarily at odds…."

Read more: Bono’s A to Z of 2014: A Must-Read for U2 Fans

I notice that Bono is extremely fond of ellipses.

Possibly the greatest moment in U2.com's lifetime. It's so easy to engage your fans, use it more you lazy fuckers!

I agree! This is the kind of thing they should be doing more often (except maybe not always this long).

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Last Unicorn...LOL. Or they should hang a bicycle over the main stage, with headlights on handlebars:) Come to think of it....it'll be interesting to see the signs/posters etc at the shows. Could be a lot of fun for GA people.

I wonder if they'll do a lottery to get into the eye socket this time around.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom