I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hah! the "baby baby baby" part takes me back.. I like how he sings that and sounds exactly the way he did on Ultraviolet.

This one will be huge live.

Melodically this song is amazing. It's almost what I'm comfortable with, having got used to the ALTYCB/HTDAAB U2.

This album strikes me as a grower.

Not to be a buzzkill but does anyone else hear Journey in the opening? Great song, I just keep hearing a Journey song in the intro!

In what could be close to their best album ever, there was never any doubt that there would be one song, just one song, that comes very close to the title of most appalling piece of music the band has ever made.

Crazy Tonight sounds like the theme tune to a bad mid-western America family comedy drama (like Party of Five) or even worse, a movie, any movie, starring Meg Ryan.

Get On Your Boots cannot come quick enough, and now has gone from being 6 out of 10, to 8 out of 10, simply because it rescues the album from Crazy Tonight.

Making 'Crazy' the next single would be career suicide for U2. It will not chart and will be abandonded by commercial radio, never to be played again, killing what should be a great album.

As I said elsewhere, this sounds like a Walk On B-Side from ATYCLB. Weakest song on an otherwise innovative and interesting album. For a band obviously on such a creative streak, I'm amazed they kept something so generic.

How is this song generic compared to Breathe or Stand Up Comedy which are the exact opposite of innovative?

i was actually wanting this...a pop tune or two on the album. this could have fit the last albums, but its more catchy and stronger than the stuff on HTDAAB.

great tune.

It's not a hiiiiiiiillllll its a mountain. :D Yeah, gonna be singing that everytime I go hiking now lol.

Great song - it did make me laugh though when they went a bit didly dee in the middle - sounded like that horrible Bewitched band - remember Cest la Vie!!!

This song feels like what ATYCLB aspired to be. I really love it, and I can't wait to hear the crowd sing along with it live.

Great song, but the production/mastering is shit. Hopefully the CD will sound better.

This i think is the song on the album that I have heard the most. It has the best chorus, so great to sing along with. It reminds me a bit of OOTS. Bono called this a blue eyed soul song and I agree with him. It's simple but soooo good. It's going to be one of the best live songs I think. I very much appreciate it!

Does the guitar intro remind anyone else of "Falling Slowly" from the movie Once?

Back
Top Bottom