GOYB Cover Art on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, holograms were silvery 3d images, these were mostly on childrens toys, for example one angle the eye would be open, then slightly tilted it would be half closed, then tilted again it would be closed... so when you move it fast it looks like the eye is winking.

If you felt the surface you could feel the ridges...

They were on toy rings a lot.

I think Tool used one that showed California falling off the continent...

I think you're referring to a Lenticular

Good band shot. Excellent use of white space. I love the connection to the horizon theme with the band bisecting the background horizontally. The vertical "U2" running behind them could be a bit much, but it's forgivable. Overall, a pretty solid layout. It's not trying too hard. It's not flashy. But it has good balance and an elegance to it. I like it.

Zooropa Man, If you right click the link at the u2.com press page and choose save target as you get the huge hi res version, but if you are having trouble I can still email it, let me know.

I removed the text on it.. if anyone wants wallpaper :wink:

And I have an even bigger one that I can send via pm.

u2goybcoversicy.jpg

when have they done better?

Honestly... The Achtung singles were kind of cool and maybe Stay! but beyond that, the majority of their single covers have been pretty cut and dry and that my friends, is a FACT!
vr672b.gif

LOOK AT ANY SINGLE COVER FROM JT, even R&H, MY FRIEND! Great stuff right there...they could so do better than this, it's like they didn't even try! There is nothing unique or exciting about this at all...

But who cares, I just want GOYB to be good...and guess what! IT WASN'T!

Example:
"In God's Country"
In_gods_country_cover.jpg

"The Sweetest Thing"
U2_Sweetest_Thing.jpg

Your photography kicks ass Anton

or "The Fly"
U2thefly.jpg

At least it's better than the cover for "Gloria"
U2gloria.jpg

WHICH CAME OUT ALMOST 30 YEARS AGO!

Back