Found this clip on youtube...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!

Whatever that is it sounds really interesting!

If it's a fake I wanna hear that band's next album!

If that is new material, it could be moment of surrender. Imagine that live. Reminds of me of the Love is Blindness solo, but as an entire song.

It would certainly be interesting if this was new U2.

But I'll continue to hold my breath. And also wait and see what all of the cynical whiners have to say about this, they being so sure this ISN'T U2, and getting all huffy-puffy when people think or claim it is.

These threads are an exercise in why the internet can be terrible. But thank you for posting the link!

Is this posted by the same guy that put up another one a few weeks ago that had bears and shit in it?

EDIT: so it is. This is making me listen to that bear clip without immediate dismissal...

i don't think it's a fake
the bass line is the same as the green tea clip on video 1

with this bear video, i understand why they talked about trance influences, i like Adam's effect (heard on some u2dotcom vid too i think)

the 2nd clip is a bit Acrobat like, very interesting

can't be sure of anything till we hear the final cut, but i am quite optimistic for the record

It was a nice sound, if its u2 its debatable.
Im being reserved not because i dont think its u2's sound, but because i dont hear any vocals and it be quite easy for some interentz nut job to post anything and pass it of as u2.

Well, this certainly has a U2-like quality to it. So it's possible. Then again it could just be people fucking around trying to sound like U2. Who knows.

if this is U2, these clips sound plenty dark... tortured moroseness weaving in and out of that last clip. finally some U2 with feeling and real oomph. i love it. even the walk out into street clip has a bit of darkness to it.

I think I'm gonna message that dude on youtube and ask him how he got a hold of this stuff.

heard the clips and they sounds like loops of the u2.com bits and pieces we have so far. Someone threw it in a sequencer (or something like that) and repeated the sounds for a couple of minutes....IMHO!!!:hmm:

The clips sound legit to me. If thats not Edge playing in clip 1 I'd be shocked. Altho I didnt think Id ever hear him play with that kind of angst and atmosphere on new material again. My interest in the new album is definitely going up.

The clips sound real to me, sounds like just jam session material...but I hope they are real because the sound is much heavier then the last few albums...which I look forward to.

New album sample

Found this on youtube. Dont know if it has been posted before. Sorry if its a repeat thread, and mods feel free to delete if so.
This is Deffo u2, as it is the background music from the Larry Drumming clip that appeared on u2.com
Its nothing to get too excited about, but could be the humble beginings of a u2 classic!

YouTube - U2 rehearsels new sound 2008

Back
Top Bottom