Found this clip on youtube...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rather, a glimpse into the production and creation process, and a hopeful indication of a departure from the theme and tone of the clips recorded in Eze.

So you weren't joking. You really think this is U2? If the vocals on the last "clip" are U2 then I'm not buying the album, they were horrid.

And the first one sounded like a cut paste job with Garage Band of someone trying to mimic some of the samples we've been given on the videos, yet slightly off rhythm. Some of them even have obvious added sounds to them like freakin seagulls. I'm suprised anyone is fooled by this.

And since when have U2 shown us they have a "penchant for viral marketing"?

So you weren't joking. You really think this is U2? If the vocals on the last "clip" are U2 then I'm not buying the album, they were horrid.

And the first one sounded like a cut paste job with Garage Band of someone trying to mimic some of the samples we've been given on the videos, yet slightly off rhythm. Some of them even have obvious added sounds to them like freakin seagulls. I'm suprised anyone is fooled by this.

And since when have U2 shown us they have a "penchant for viral marketing"?

:heart:

Real or not, and whoever made them, the seagull noises are obviously a joke making fun of the beach clips. I don't think the intention was to trick people into believing they were beach clips.

As for the voice in the fourth clip, it sounds fine to me. I'm really surprised so many are so adamant that it's not U2. If someone played a work-in-progress muddy and muffled clip of something like "In A Little While" you would all be saying it can't be Bono, the voice is cracking too much.

I think it is the band posting these clips. They may have never done any "viral marketing" before but I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying something new, trying to adapt to the times. The clips seem to go pretty well with the U2.com videos in that they are short and give away very little of the songs and are posted one at a time over the course of months to build hype.

Either way, we'll see for sure when the album comes out in a few months.

As for the voice in the fourth clip, it sounds fine to me. I'm really surprised so many are so adamant that it's not U2. If someone played a work-in-progress muddy and muffled clip of something like "In A Little While" you would all be saying it can't be Bono, the voice is cracking too much.

Uh, no. There's a night and day difference in what his voice was doing in IALW and what whoever's voice is doing in this song. Maybe the first few seconds would have fooled me, but then it becomes obvious at :39

I've heard cats on my roof at night that sing better than that! Jaysus, it was like something howling in pain .. awful, just awful. I have to admit, after the first three clips i was convinced it was U2, but now .. I still cant get over how crap that guy's singing was :|

Uh, no. There's a night and day difference in what his voice was doing in IALW and what whoever's voice is doing in this song. Maybe the first few seconds would have fooled me, but then it becomes obvious at :39

I don't know, I really don't hear what's so terrible about it.

Now the guy is being way too obvious!!! :lmao: He shouldn't have pushed his luck and left it at the first clip. We have a muffled bass, guitar, and vocal, yet somehow we can here the cheesy drum machine sound clearly? Come on man, at least try...

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of people from u2's crew taking bits and pieces of different tracks and putting these on youtube for fun. Otherwise why would someone go through all the trouble to record these tracks the way they are?

Okey clip #4 sounded quite fake but this one REALLY sounds fake and a very poor job at it too! How come the vocals and most of the other instruments sound so muffled (as if recorded in another room) but yet the drums are so clear??? totally doesn't make sense I am now a firm believer that these are fake! And also the fact that the poster never replied to my questions regarding these clips is very suspicious!

I'm hoping U2 totally reinvents its sound -- It used to be said of U2 that they constantly changed. UF sounded so different from War; Achtung Baby sounded so different from Rattle and Hum. They can and should get back to that.

I don't think that will happen with this album - it doesn't fit the pattern. U2 album sounds always come in groups of three. While there is a definite progression within each set of three, the radical changes only occur with every 3rd album.

Boy, October, War --> big change --> UF, Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum --> big change --> Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop --> big change --> ATYCLB, Bomb, New Album

So I predict that the new album will have a progression in sound from Bomb, but will still be related to it - no radical change this time.

Or to put it another way, they only dream it all up again after every 3rd album....

I don't think that will happen with this album - it doesn't fit the pattern. U2 album sounds always come in groups of three. While there is a definite progression within each set of three, the radical changes only occur with every 3rd album.

Boy, October, War --> big change --> UF, Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum --> big change --> Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop --> big change --> ATYCLB, Bomb, New Album

So I predict that the new album will have a progression in sound from Bomb, but will still be related to it - no radical change this time.

There is always a first time for everything! I wouldnb't rule out a big change just because they do that in three albums.

Or to put it another way, they only dream it all up again after every 3rd album....

They have already said it will sound different?

What more can they do? In the earlier years, there was more space for change...now, after 30 years, it gets much tougher...:shrug:

I sense a change though this time from the HTDAAB/ATYCLB sound. :pray:

Eh.....but is UF not a totally different sound to R&H? :confused: :hmm:

Okey clip #4 sounded quite fake but this one REALLY sounds fake and a very poor job at it too! How come the vocals and most of the other instruments sound so muffled (as if recorded in another room) but yet the drums are so clear??? totally doesn't make sense I am now a firm believer that these are fake! And also the fact that the poster never replied to my questions regarding these clips is very suspicious!

It is Danny's voice that you're hearing on some of these clips, as they are directly from studio control booths and into your home. Keep that in mind.

The "...in another room" comment was very astute.

I'm not even gonna bother listening

is someone actually claiming this would be a U2 marketing strategy?
I hope this is true
because then I can write them a letter tomorrow to hire me to do their marketing for them instead
and do a better job

:hmm:

Interesting...if you click on this link you see all of InBloom74's videos...U2 new sound # 1-4....but I see another one, # 5....they are all inactive videos now...but I never knew there was a fifth video...has anyone watched it when it was still available?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Back
Top Bottom