Dates Please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
the new album looks like it will be out almost identical date (mid November)to HTDAAB so can anyone tell me when was Vertigo released to Radio? so we can get an idea of when we will hear the first single on radio.

It was September 24th, if I recall.

Since this album will be released a week sooner than HTDAAB, we'll probably hear it in the US on September 17th.

From U2.com about Under a Blood Red Sky:
Both DVD and remastered album , will be released on 29th September 2008.

Wouldn't this interfere with a possible single release?????

From U2.com about Under a Blood Red Sky:
Both DVD and remastered album , will be released on 29th September 2008.

Wouldn't this interfere with a possible single release?????

One hand washes the other. Release the single on the 22nd and you'll have promotion for both the new album and the remaster.

Hmm i find it kina funny that September is almost here and we have yet to hear any official announcement about the single! if the single will be released on mid- to late September shouldn't we have heard of the date and formats and title of the single?? I highly doubt that we will get an official announcement of a single only one - 2 weeks prior to its release. I am thinking it will be mid to late October and album mid to late November!

I like the mystery...but yes it is kind of strange that we've heard almost nothing...by now ATYCLB and Beautiful Day were being bantered around, and Vertigo was nearly in circulation with it's 'beach clip'....so I'm intrigued with all the silence. Reminds me of '91 and Achtung Baby...:hmm:

That is the way U2 do things (with release dates) so they can win as many Grammys as possible.

i'm totally with you guys. i'm also a little concerned why we haven't heard anything. we definitely had a lot more info at this time in 2004. if it's just because the band wants to be more mysterious, then great. i just hope the album isn't delayed or something.

I don't think we should be worried about the releasedate, the band wouldn't take a (almost whole summer) vacation if the record is delayed.

But I still hope we get some info soon...

Announcement Imminent folks...
expect something official coming out very soon

before some seroious hype begins :D

:wink:

i'm totally with you guys. i'm also a little concerned why we haven't heard anything. we definitely had a lot more info at this time in 2004. if it's just because the band wants to be more mysterious, then great. i just hope the album isn't delayed or something.

Need I remind you that Vertigo was not officially announced as the first single until September 7, 2004? Also, HTDAAB's title was announced well after August. We may have had more information at this time four years ago, but none of it is the information you're using right now to gauge how far along we are. :yes:

Need I remind you that Vertigo was not officially announced as the first single until September 7, 2004? Also, HTDAAB's title was announced well after August. We may have had more information at this time four years ago, but none of it is the information you're using right now to gauge how far along we are. :yes:

If I remember correctly, they made it a point to release the single before the Grammy deadline...but did not get the album out in time. I think the deadline for making it to the Grammies is October. So if they are concerned with doing that whole Grammy promo thing again we'll definitely get the single in the next few weeks. As for the album...I've read in more than enough credible places that it won't be out until just before Thanksgiving (Mid November). So it will count for NEXT year's Grammy nominations.

01029l223.jpg

or

http://www.match.com

Sorry, had to be done.

Back
Top Bottom