California (There Is No End To Love) - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw this getting a little hate earlier in the thread, but I come back to this song as much as any on the album. It's the first chorus I latched onto, and it's just a fun and breezy pop song. Seems to have some mainstream potential, too.

The most "bubblegum" U2 song since Discotheque . . . but that's alright :up:

Hey,

Even Trent Reznor went bubblegum on one of his new songs.

I love the track. Not sure about the Santa Barbara beginning though... but the rest of it really works.

Right now it's my favorite on the record. Still a little surprised it wasn't the first single, especially with Apple being based in California. It definitely will be a single. The only question is whether it's the 2nd or the 3rd. If there's a Beautiful Day on this album, this is it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I hate repetitive songs, so the opening drives me nuts. That's the only thing I can remember about this song. I can't even recall right now what the rest of it sounds like. And how cliche is it to write a song about California? Not a standout track for me, obviously, since I already forgot what it sounds like.

Perhaps the most shallow yet fun and catchy song on the album. Love the chorus and warm synths, sounds like a summer song to be sure.

Barbara Ann is not a great example of a stellar Beach Boys song, but the rest of your post earns a solid

carygrant.gif

U2 wants to pay homage to them because they correctly understand that the Beach Boys were fucking awesome. ;)

I think this one, with the bells, the Barbara Santa Barbara thing and all of that will be the opening for every concert. It has the energy, too.

They definitely should open their California dates with this song, if nowhere else.

I'm really loving this song right now.
Now that I think of it, that would be great. This song is really growing on me, I'm finding it to be slightly better than Raised by Wolves at the moment.

I finally heard the similarity to Arcade Fire's No Cars Go when I was listening to it today.

This is not a bad thing.

This song has really started to grow on me. I think it's because I spent the summer in San Diego and miss it desperately.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Never had problems with the beach boys intro. Its quirky yes, but like that.
Also one of the best songs of the album. I can not stop liking this.
Great melodies :heart: I wanna go to California!

Back
Top Bottom