Breathe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akann

Acrobat
is very disappointing based on the 45 sec clip. How Brian Eno can rate this song so highly is beyond me.

Wait for the chorus and the breakdown at the end. With that said, Eno thought Stuck in a Moment was going to be the biggest U2 hit of all time. And I've read that he thought MOS was the best thing ever, too. The man likes his work, and for the most part so do I.

Apologies, should have posted this in the 45 sec discussion thread.

Along with Moment of Surrender, the song with the greatest potential, based on all those clips.

I think we should review all albums from now on based on 30-45 second clips of songs. Think of the massive time savings we could all benefit from!

I think it sounds wicked, have listened to them all quite a bit today and Breathe stands out as sounding super strong.. roll in the teleprompter for the live version though. A definite rocker IMO.

It is soo dam good and one of the song i'm most looking forward to hearing in full and cranking up on the stereo! It sounds quite original and very uplifting....

...correct me if i'm wrong soon though after hearing the full thing...

Amazing how you can judge a song without even hearing the chorus.

Exactly.

I'm excited about that song, mainly because I wasn't excited about the beach clip.

They changed it a bit, there's a new part between the verses and the chorus now, the "These days are better" part, I really like that.

And I'm also excited about Bono's storytelling.

Can't wait to hear the chorus, it will be very melodic, uplifting, joyful.

Yeah, the chorus perfectly compliments the verse. The verse is kinda dark and punk-y (if that's even a word), but the chorus is big and uplifting. They went well together on the beach clip, I'm assuming they'll sound great together now.

Wait til you hear the chorus, your mind will be well and truly blown.....

And the clip is amazing......the piano!:drool:

It's an awesome song... A rock-waltz... with Bono being urgent and personal without sounding forced. I really love Breathe. You ppl gotta hear the beach clips. UC is also wonderful. And Magnificent you already know is brilliant.

I cringe every time I read a post regarding someone's "review" of a song after hearing a short clip of it.

Ridiculous.

Its like trying to rate how good a pizza is when you only ate one pepperoni off of it.

What exactly is Bono singing in the clip: These days are better than .... ?!?!

I like that part, especially how he sings DAAAAAYYYYYS. I have that in my head right now.

I liked it when I first listened to the beach clip.

Now based on this 45 seconds it seems a bit changed. What do you think?
The verse "These days" replaced the one before the chorus "Walk out into the streets".
I hope not. I hope they didn't change much the song, it had a gorgeous melody and backing vocals.

What exactly is Bono singing in the clip: These days are better than .... ?!?!

I like that part, especially how he sings DAAAAAYYYYYS. I have that in my head right now.

"These days are better than that." That "days" section was added after the beach clips. It provides a real nice lead up to the epic chorus.

I love this song. The head-banging guitar in the verse, the delicate piano that accompanies it, the lyrics are peculiar, but compelling, certainly nothing like Bono's ever written before: "man at the door says if I wanna stay alive there's three things I need you to know. THREE."

...and then that gorgeous chorus.

Breathe is easily the song I am most looking forward to.

Although the last part of the "FEZ - Being born" clips sounds exciting as well. I'm really curious about this one because the clip doesn't give away antyhing.

i am fully expecting this to be the best song on the album, and a huge highlight of the tour.

the 'walk out into the streets' has been stuck in my head since the beach clips came out. that is from listening to those about 10 times, in awful, awful quality.

"16th of June", "9:05", "3 things I need you to know"

I think this is the first song that goes with the "Numbers are signifigant" quote from Bono.

i absolutely love the piano in these clips.

I agree. The changes that have been made since the beach clip based on the 45 seconds we have are a big plus in my opinion. I can't wait to hear the outro!

I've never understood this Breathe bashing. I mean, I'm not necessarily sold on the clip, but its 45 seconds! 45 seconds of a song that a lot of the early reviews - from Walt Disney's to Word's - refer to as a highlight! I'm willing to take their word for it and at the very least not worry about it!

If it's considered 'close-minded' to not like a song based on a 45 sec clip, then it's also close-minded to love a song based on a 45 sec clip.

Back
Top Bottom