Boots VS Magnificent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm actually more pissed off with the fact that they shortened what is by far the best part of the song... the solo and the little riff that leads up to it. They should have kept that, and got rid of one of the ridiculous verses.

Too true. The shortened version of Magnificent is simply butchered - they take out some of the best parts. It's stuff like this that stands out when I see the video. The song gets worse.

On the other hand, Boots gets better with the video. There's actual energy to the song, unseen through headphones. The visuals and camerawork do wonders in dictating the songs flow (in a way that a live performance can't).

Both good songs with better than average videos by U2's standards.

Boots is probably a slightly better video but Magnificent is the better song.

While I have a hard time choosing one song over the other I do like the Boots video for what it adds to the song and I like the Magnificent video, period. :love:
I saw it this morning on VH1 for the first time, and I too hate that they took out the solo. Sounded like the album skipped. :down:

This is tough, for now I want to say Magnificent...but Boots live is pretty amazing. I don't know why Boots get beaten up on here so much.

No contest IMO...

"Magnificent" is a much better song.

I don't really care for either video though.

Back
Top Bottom