Boots or NLOTH2 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which song do you prefer?

• Total voters
I like both of them. GOYB is also strong because of the video. NLOTH is strong because it's new. Musically, I find both interesting, but I guess I'd say NLOTH2 at this point.

Boots has the better song structure, NLOTH2 has the easier listening part. But it still sounds like a b-side.
I guess I'm the only one around who enjoys both :)

NLOTH2 hands down eventhough it sounds like a b-side. A good b-side but a b-side

boots is a nice challenging track but it still has a bit of the "big u2" stamp that was around for the last 8 years.
nloth2 is in fact presented as a demo / b-side in terms of arrangment and production but it comes with the "great u2" mark.
i obviously prefer nloth2.

Hopefully a mod will add a poll here.

NLOTH pwns.

Boots (despite reminding me of 3 other U2 songs) didn't do anything for me other than the "let me in the sound" and "you don't know how beautiful you are" parts. On the other hand I enjoy pretty much all of NLOTH (despite reminding me of Lady with spinning head) except the repetitive "no...line...on the horizon" ending. Should have been the lead single, far more catchy than Boots.

Hopefully a mod will add a poll here.

NLOTH pwns.

Boots (despite reminding me of 3 other U2 songs) didn't do anything for me other than the "let me in the sound" and "you don't know how beautiful you are" parts. On the other hand I enjoy pretty much all of NLOTH (despite reminding me of Lady with spinning head) except the repetitive "no...line...on the horizon" ending. Should have been the lead single, far more catchy than Boots.

I usually agree with you, but not this time. I'm 180 degrees away from you here. I can't find anything I like about the mix in NLOTH2. I'm hoping the album version is better (or that it grows on me). In contrast, GOYB got me. Is it as great as other lead singles? No - I accept that. But NLOTH2 is easily the b-side here.

There is some Bongolese in the second verse on NLOTH (and a somewhat weak and repetitive ending), I agree it's less "finished" than Boots. However I still enjoy this alternate version/bonus Itunes song/B-side more than the single Boots.

I hope the album version keeps the fun and the bridge especially. I guess this is the Olympic studios version Bono and Edge wrote. The album version is said to be more atmospheric.

Back
Top Bottom