Bono interview in Australian Press - Danger Mouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garciaricky0019

War Child
New single: DECEMBER

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/progress-killed-the-radio-stars-20101021-16vjo.html

Due early next year, it will be preceded by a single in December.

"We have about 12 songs with Danger Mouse," Bono says. "It's the album we'll likely put out next because it's just happening so easily."This brings its own challenges. "What worries me about U2 now is that because the band are playing so well, we can make an average song sound great," Bono says.

Which is part of the reason they have stepped away from their so-called "dysfunctional family" of producers: Brian Eno, Steve Lillywhite and Daniel Lanois.

"Each night on this tour, we'd fly out of a show and go straight into the studio," Bono says of the Danger Mouse sessions.

"Because you enter the studio with the roar of the crowd in your ears, you know what works. If you take musicians away from the stage too much, they become quite abstract in their heads. They start to use words like 'interesting'. But people don't want to see you do something interesting. They want something passionate or wild.

MyUpbSWWrr_no-wai-6.jpg

I'm thinking since this sub-forum is not overwhelmingly busy, it will be ok to have a separate thread for each potential project. Everything jammed in one thread is getting a little difficult to keep track of.

IF this is actually true about the December single, it will be interesting to see if the "Wide Awake In Europe" is tied in with this or something completely separate.

this was posted on @U2BandOfficial's tweeter account a few minutes ago: Preparing new songs for you

so, I guess we can say the album IS coming

:hyper:

this was posted on @U2BandOfficial's tweeter account a few minutes ago: Preparing new songs for you

so, I guess we can say the album IS coming

:hyper:

That tweet fills me with excitement!

:happy: New songs! December! Album!

I don't know what to think of this Danger Mouse news. It could be really awesome or it could be a disaster. But isn't that the case with every U2 release, anyway? :wink: I'm excited to find out what this is like. New decade, new direction. They've used up the last phase they were in and now it's time for something new.

Everybody hold on.

I just watched these two videos and am very impressed. :yes: U2 going in this general direction musically might turn out to be a very good thing. The second video reminded me a little of the Killers or The Bravery but with a more mellow feeling. I might have to look into this Broken Bells album. Also, I am getting crazy excited about the next U2 album. :hyper: The fact that we will be hearing some of this by December… :drool: Do you people realize that we only have to wait two months before the first single comes out?! :ohmy: :faint:

So, now we have:

- Rick Rubin session leftovers
- SOA stuff
- Danger Mouse stuff
- club sounding thingy stuff with Crap I Am etc...
- Spidy stuff
- Wide Awake in Europe...

guess they will have smth like 250 songs ready...

Well I for but I guess I should know by now that when a bandmember says that the next U2 album is coming aone thought they would have an album out in 2010 sometime t such and such a date I should add at least a year to a year and a half on to that.With that being said though there is alot of rumors/news/interviews concerning new albums or material and with U2 playing 5 new songs on the 360 tour there is no reason for me to believe that they wont have a new album out in early 2011.Especially if we do see a first single by December.

So, now we have:

- SOA stuff
- Danger Mouse stuff
- Spidy stuff

Which reinforces the idea that U2 definitely has no idea of "where to go" at this point...

They've pretty much shelved the Rubin material. Spidey is not a U2 project. We don't know if SOA and Danger have now combined. And a club album can be anything.

Having choices does not equal not knowing where to go...

They've pretty much shelved the Rubin material. Spidey is not a U2 project. We don't know if SOA and Danger have now combined. And a club album can be anything.

Having choices does not equal not knowing where to go...
It does when those choices have zero cohesion among themselves. That wouldn't be the case of musically and conceptually some of these choices had strong relationships between. It reinforces as well the idea I have that U2 has been losing artistic vision abilities.

You haven't heard the songs, don't pretend like you have.

We have no clue what we're in store for...

The 90's infused club, ambient, hits, and rock. Did you wax unpoetically about their lack of artistic vision back then?

So, now we have:

- SOA stuff
- Danger Mouse stuff
- Spidy stuff

Rubin has been put in the background most likely, as was SOA with Danger Mouse stuff in the forefront now. No mention of these two projects in the Danger Mouse album. Having a producer would indicate they have a little more focus now.

Club album might be next afer Danger Mouse.

Spiderman -- I still doubt Bono and Edge will sell this to Adam and Larry.

That EP - I doubt this. Absolute silence in the U2 camp on this one, and allegeldy it's out next month. Either their most well hidden secret ever or internet sites have it wrong.

to elaborate, that also means they are the masters of hype as well. I think they realize, at least given bono's comments, that success does not equal relevance and you can't hype yourself to get constant airplay. people will either want it or they won't.

and I think they're trying to be more subtle. They don't need to be all massive on the hype machine to get people to like their music.

that they've got so many songs done with Danger Mouse is a testament to how if they want to keep things on the down low, they can. and it's also a testament to how obvious those beach clip "leaks" and missing atomic bomb CD are for publicity. it's brilliant at the time. it gets the hardcore fan base galvanized with the latter and gets the geeks like us freaking out with the former.

being on tour, i think they realize they don't need that hype and just want to release music and hopefully have a hit. that is all.

Rubin has been put in the background most likely, as was SOA with Danger Mouse stuff in the forefront now. No mention of these two projects in the Danger Mouse album. Having a producer would indicate they have a little more focus now.

according to the article in The Sun, Danger Mouse is producing Songs of Ascent... i posted the link in the rumours thread earlier today... it's in there somewhere lol

although obviously it's "The Sun"... so who knows really...

according to the article in The Sun, Danger Mouse is producing Songs of Ascent... i posted the link in the rumours thread earlier today... it's in there somewhere lol

although obviously it's "The Sun"... so who knows really...

I don't know if I'd believe The Sun, either, but I certainly wouldn't discount that it's SOA, or at least the bones of SOA, from what we've heard to this point. Danger Mouse has recorded ambient, more atmospheric albums, and if that's what they're even going for now, he's capable of it.

It reinforces as well the idea I have that U2 has been losing artistic vision abilities.

:doh:

and I think they're trying to be more subtle. They don't need to be all massive on the hype machine to get people to like their music.

that they've got so many songs done with Danger Mouse is a testament to how if they want to keep things on the down low, they can.

being on tour, i think they realize they don't need that hype and just want to release music and hopefully have a hit. that is all.

:up:
I've been hearing The High Road by Broken Bells for a couple of months now, and just loved it.
Had no idea U2 could be working with the producers on something.
Very good news. :hyper:
Hope there is a surprise release ASAP!!
(preferably before Christmas :wink: )

Not too sure about this, sounds a bit too mellow for my liking, but then with songs like Mercy, Every Breaking Wave etc, you can see how Danger Mouse could put his mark on their sound and produce the next album..

That interview says that 6 unreleased tracks have been played live. Just to check, are these 6:
1 - Glastonbury
2 - North Star
3 - Every Breaking Wave
4 - Return Of The Stingray
5 - Soon
6 - Mercy

Or is there more?

That interview says that 6 unreleased tracks have been played live. Just to check, are these 6:
1 - Glastonbury
2 - North Star
3 - Every Breaking Wave
4 - Return Of The Stingray
5 - Soon
6 - Mercy

Or is there more?

Replace Soon with Boy Falls From The Sky and you have the 6 unreleased tracks played live.

Back
Top Bottom