Beach Clip 403 Thank you for the day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I seems on this forum people didnt like 403 or Thnak you for the day. I thought 403 sounded great real emotion slightly dark and moody and even though I was hard to hear Bono's voice was sounding great. I loved 402 too but 403 just gave me chills the first time I heard it so slow so sad. I hope it makes it on the album. What do u guys think of it.

Well i think its gonna be on the the new Album... "Alot of Space around the Voice" or whatever Bono said he was interested in....

It's a Daniel Lanois song, only with a slightly different arrangement.

djerdap said:
It's a Daniel Lanois song, only with a slightly different arrangement.

wait. i thought it was actually written by Bono, and Lanois just played it at a show. or am i wrong?

Irishteen said:

And I thought Lanois and Bono wrote it together, no?

I do believe that is correct.

I like this song quite a bit. Would be a very good one for LP12. :wink:

xaviMF22 said:

I hope not to be...:wink:

but if we get HTDAAB part II then of course.. :(

:up: It'll be OK, xavi. Perhaps they will recruit Nigel Godrich someday and he will automatically cause their songwriting abilities to increase tenfold...just like with Radiohead in '01 and '03.

LemonMelon said:

:up: It'll be OK, xavi. Perhaps they will recruit Nigel Godrich someday and he will automatically cause their songwriting abilities to increase tenfold...just like with Radiohead in '01 and '03.

right cause Nigel...ruined radiohead:rolleyes:

anyway I hope 409 makes it to the next album :rolleyes:

xaviMF22 said:

right cause Nigel...ruined radiohead:rolleyes:

No, Radiohead ruined Radiohead, but he sure didn't help them out of the hole they dug themselves into either. :up:

LemonMelon said:

No, Radiohead ruined Radiohead, but he sure didn't help them out of the hole they dug themselves into either. :up:

OH NOEZ!! radiohead are trapped and can't get out...:rolleyes:

anyway I have no idea why you brought up Radiohead.... ...but fuck it. ..:|

xaviMF22 said:

OH NOEZ!! radiohead are trapped and can't get out...:rolleyes:

anyway I have no idea why you brought up Radiohead.... ...but fuck it. ..:|

I brought them up because I'm talking with you, and all of our conversations end up being about Radiohead, regardless of the original topic. :wink:

My point is that the producer does not make the band. I'm tired of hearing all of this claptrap about how Eno would instantly bring the band back to glory (as if he didn't help bring them to where they are today :rolleyes: ). When U2 writes great songs, U2's fanbase will listen. Well, the majority of U2 fans will listen anyway. What frustrates me about many interferencers is that they aren't satisfied with just having great songs be given to them; they have to have them be produced properly (EG: not too perfect, but just indie enough that it's acceptable :up: ), be set in a perfect sequence, and just "dark" enough, or else it isn't worthy of consumption.

And that's where the producers come in; people seem to think around here that the producer is the greatest piece of the puzzle because he's the one who helps arrange the songs and adds the bells and whistles that make people go "ohhhhhh", when, in fact, it's the band that's writing the tunes that make the bells and whistles worth listening to in the first place! Argh.

[/rant over]

Nice talking with you, xavi, as usual. :yes:

LemonMelon said:

I brought them up because I'm talking with you, and all of our conversations end up being about Radiohead, regardless of the original topic. :wink:

My point is that the producer does not make the band. I'm tired of hearing all of this claptrap about how Eno would instantly bring the band back to glory (as if he didn't help bring them to where they are today :rolleyes: ). When U2 writes great songs, U2's fanbase will listen. Well, the majority of U2 fans will listen anyway. What frustrates me about many interferencers is that they aren't satisfied with just having great songs be given to them; they have to have them be produced properly (EG: not too perfect, but just indie enough that it's acceptable :up: ), be set in a perfect sequence, and just "dark" enough, or else it isn't worthy of consumption.

And that's where the producers come in; people seem to think around here that the producer is the greatest piece of the puzzle because he's the one who helps arrange the songs and adds the bells and whistles that make people go "ohhhhhh", when, in fact, it's the band that's writing the tunes that make the bells and whistles worth listening to in the first place! Argh.

[/rant over]

Nice talking with you, xavi, as usual. :yes:

woah...:ohmy:

nice rant:up: :wink:

Im pretty sure Daniel Lanois just preformed it. And his preformace I watched sounded nothing like it. There were few lyrics besides reapeating thank you for the day while he played some sort of sit down slide guitar and the melody was completely different.

Further Bono on May 23, 2006: During his trip to Africa, Bono told NBC's Brian Williams that he's been writing lyrics during the trip, and has "up to" eight songs. He recited this verse:

There's no midnight please.
You're just on your knees.
There is a harbor in a safe port.
What was is now not.
There was no price to pay.
"Thank you for the day."

sounds like he wrote it to me or maybe just got the line from Lanois. Any way hope its on the album I realy think it sounds speacil and interesting.

There are a few moments in the song that are okay (mainly the falsetto), but on the whole I think it's the least impressive of the beach clips. Too repetitive & sleepy for me (repetition and slow can be good---i.e., MLK, but not repetition & sleepy :wink: ).

Back
Top Bottom