Album Date November 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! The entire new album release has leaked today for download on MiniNova and other BitTorrent sites!

And by new album release, I mean the remasters. :sexywink:

If it were to be released on the 18th that'd be great, cos it will have been exactly two years since I saw them live! :)

Maybe, just maybe, that will stop the bloody radio playing Open Your Eyes and Chasing Cars. :pray:

Maybe.

Chasing cars is one of the worst songs i have ever heard in my life,and Snow Patrol are so boring. But bring on November and U2!!!!!!!

i really think we're going to remember this album for Bono's vocals more than anything.

I hope this album is remembered for the same reasons Achtung Baby was remembered for what it did to the music industry. The idea that this album is already being said to be toured in stadiums for similar media reasons as Achtung Baby just gets me excited. :applaud::drool:If they had released another safe, radio-friendly follow to complete the trilogy of the 2000 shite U2 has released, I would have cried. It's sounding like this is a complete departure from all of that.

I'm ready. I'm ready for what's next.

i personnaly don't set my hopes too high for this record

i was pretty optimistic after the fez sessions
but listening to the HQ fan clip, i found the melody kinda WITS like...
the production might be a little more interesting than the 2 previous records but I don't axpect such a Breakthrough as AB or POP were

i just want some more consistant music than the last 2 records
if they put out a nice collection of song in the mood of Summer Rain, Mercy, Electrical Storm, or Original Of the Species, i will be very happy...i don't expect a master piece but at least decent songwriting along with some little more imaginative production

Hmmmm...does anyone else see what I see? This album has been talked about just like AB was talked about (innovative, different, etc), now we're getting an almost identical release date for this album? Sounds like the second coming of AB, my friends. And if that's true, oh will I be a happy camper. :heart:

I'm ready for the push! :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Hmmmm...does anyone else see what I see? This album has been talked about just like AB was talked about (innovative, different, etc), now we're getting an almost identical release date for this album? Sounds like the second coming of AB, my friends. And if that's true, oh will I be a happy camper. :heart:

I'm ready for the push! :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

if thats the case I will be so happy that my stars will be falling from the sky!

Chasing cars is one of the worst songs i have ever heard in my life,and Snow Patrol are so boring. But bring on November and U2!!!!!!!

I'm obviously in this thread because I'm amped for this news (although October would have been better :drool: ), but I have to say SP are not boring, ignore most of Eyes Open...Final Straw was excellent. Success came to them from the wrong material, although EO is quite catchy and easy to see how it got radio play.

Does anyone think that Nov. 18 could be a released date for the Spiderman Musical CD that @u2 mentioned the other day. It mentioned that the U2 interpretations of the songs will be released after the October release of the new U2 album. Just wondering...:hmm:

Does anyone think that Nov. 18 could be a released date for the Spiderman Musical CD that @u2 mentioned the other day. It mentioned that the U2 interpretations of the songs will be released after the October release of the new U2 album. Just wondering...:hmm:

I thought that show wasn't happening until 2009??

I doubt that they will release the Spideman stuff this far ahead of the actual musical opening. I would think they will time it somewhat closer to the theatrical premier or even after.

Dana

I'm not sure where the Sunday Times got this October information, but for what it's worth:
Bono weaves Spider-Man a web of music - Times Online

From The Sunday TimesJuly 20, 2008

Bono weaves Spider-Man a web of music
The U2 singer and guitar ace The Edge have penned all 18 songs for a Broadway musical about the comicbook arachnid hero Eithne Shortall
HEARD the one about the spider and the fly? They got together and created a Broadway musical and album.

Having composed the music for the forthcoming Broadway production of Spider-Man, Bono and the Edge will release a U2 album based on their musical adaptation of the comic books.

The singer — who styled himself The Fly on U2’s Zoo TV tour — and the guitarist have written 18 tracks for Spider-Man: The Musical, a $25m (¤16m) production that is due to open in New York in October 2009.

The band will rework some of the musical numbers and include them on the album, which is due to follow their next release this October.

(sorry if this is posted somewhere..:huh: )

I'm not sure where the Sunday Times got this October information, but for what it's worth:

The U2 singer and guitar ace The Edge have penned all 18 songs for a Broadway musical about the comicbook arachnid hero Eithne Shortall
HEARD the one about the spider and the fly? They got together and created a Broadway musical and album.

Having composed the music for the forthcoming Broadway production of Spider-Man, Bono and the Edge will release a U2 album based on their musical adaptation of the comic books.

The singer — who styled himself The Fly on U2’s Zoo TV tour — and the guitarist have written 18 tracks for Spider-Man: The Musical, a $25m (¤16m) production that is due to open in New York in October 2009.

The band will rework some of the musical numbers and include them on the album, which is due to follow their next release this October.

Two albums? Still, I don't like a Spiderman album...

Whoa!

Truth!!!

I fucking hate that song. Thank you for telling it like it is. You are my new friend.

It wasn't THAT horrible. People are just sick of it, because it was killed by radio. WAY too much exposure.

I have to say, I can't stand it now, but when they put it on their myspace site (about 6 montyhs before the single came out) my girlfriend and I loved it.

That is all kinds of weirdness. :huh:
Don't quite know what to make of it.

Back
Top Bottom