U2 NOT at the Grammys tonight or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was obvious they wouldn't be nominated for the Oscar, Winter isn't such a great song. The only thing that's sad is that there won't be a live performance now.

Allot of people just don't dig the sound of NLOTH, sad but true.
At least they won't stop until they come back big time in 2011
Thats what I'm hoping for. They need to stir it up a little bit, shake the people around a lot.:rockon:

U2 should do the music they believe in. NLOTH is a critically acclaimed album, a lot of fans like it and most of the songs worked out great in a live setting.
They just don't fit mainstream radio. So what? Sale figures do not equal quality.
I hope they go even more into the experimental/atmospheric sound with their next album.

And they are doing it , I never said that I did not like it...
personally really digged NLOTH very much, its a treasure you keep discovering while listening it again and again.
I love it when they go beyond mainstream, they actually do it all the time.
Fuck the sale's ,I bought my copy.
I just hope the next album is a bit more up tempo , hoping , not telling to.
Thats just personal taste. The spiderman music is something I'm really looking forward to hearing.:hyper:

a lot of fans like it and most of the songs worked out great in a live setting.

Yes, they worked out so well that for most of the new songs, everyone around me went through the motions, especially Crazy, including a great nervous "what the hell was that" laugh at one point. :doh:

The only thing that separates this tour from PopMart is the Stones/Reunion Factor: "Omg, this might be the last chance we get to see them."

You're very wrong here. Crazy Tonight was the highlight of the shows, people were going crazy. No Line and Boots were awsome live and rocked the crowd. I met a lot of non-hardcore fans who enjoyed the new songs. Of course there will always be people who want a band like U2 to play only classics and well-known stuff, but that's just normal because U2 is playing a stadium crowd and there aren't only die hard fans. I hope that they don't go for more classics and less new stuff for the 2010 tour. One thing I've enjoyed most about the tour was that U2 stuck to playing so many new songs and didn't settle for the all time hits.

You're very wrong here. Crazy Tonight was the highlight of the shows, people were going crazy. No Line and Boots were awsome live and rocked the crowd. I met a lot of non-hardcore fans who enjoyed the new songs. Of course there will always be people who want a band like U2 to play only classics and well-known stuff, but that's just normal because U2 is playing a stadium crowd and there aren't only die hard fans. I hope that they don't go for more classics and less new stuff for the 2010 tour. One thing I've enjoyed most about the tour was that U2 stuck to playing so many new songs and didn't settle for the all time hits.

don't you understand? they didn't like it so therefore nobody else liked it.

I didn't say that everyone liked it. I said most people I met enjoyed the new stuff.

The 360 tour and PopMart are galaxies apart.

Except for in Vancouver, it wasn't well recieved. It was quite palpable.

I would've like to hear it straight up, or, here's a different idea, have a DJ mixing it so it's actually a mix instead of performing it as a remix. *wishes she could explain that better*

But more than that, I think they're drowning some great lyrics, and really, what could be a soaring live vocal by Bono, by trying to make it something more "mainstream" and dancy than something that is classic U2 style. It's uplifting, and with the remix, it's lost.

Back
Top Bottom