U2 NOT at the Grammys tonight or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they were not at the grammys. i have a friend who works it.

Feb 1 2010

Lady Gaga, Bono Join 'We Are The World' Remake
Organizers Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones reportedly recruited big-name participants at the Grammys.
Lady Gaga, Bono Join 'We Are The World' Remake - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

**Richie and Jones recruited Bono and Gaga at the Grammys on Sunday night.**

Than explain this! :hmm:

**I sure hope it was not the fake Bono! :doh:

Feb 1 2010

Lady Gaga, Bono Join 'We Are The World' Remake
Organizers Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones reportedly recruited big-name participants at the Grammys.
Lady Gaga, Bono Join 'We Are The World' Remake - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

**Richie and Jones recruited Bono and Gaga at the Grammys on Sunday night.**

Than explain this! :hmm:

i actually heard about the remake last week on the news. i was all about the fact that U2 would be here. as far as last night, well no one saw them, they weren't at the grammy's, but maybe (since they were in nyc the day before) they came into LA and only went to the after party's? or MAYBE the biggest band in the world WAS AT the grammy's...and no one saw them! :doh:

PS They probably knew they weren't gonna win, and as they played it last year simply had no interest. Those awards shows are boring on TV and MORE boring live if you've sat through a million of them. But who knows...maybe they were there and my info is wrong...trying to help. :shrug:

Bonofox1 since you were probably outside one or two venues yesterday, I'm guessing you'd tell us if you saw them with your own eyes?!

We didn't watch the Grammys show--made it as far as Jamie Foxx prancing around, decided "This really stinks", and turned the channel. If all that crap is what music is all about these days, I'm just as glad that NLOTH didn't win. Dumb asses. :angry:

BonoFox do you live in the LA area cuz I read in an article that all the singers will be recording the song today at the "historic A&M complex in Hollywood."
And I do want to solve this "mystery". fakebono on twitter said he was in NY last night. so maybe Bono wasn't there, but then the other article mentioned above said that Bono was recruited last night at the Grammys....I can't imagine Bono showing up for the Grammys and not letting people take his picture :hmm:...maybe he was there, but was having a bad hair day and managed to avoid the photos...and people :lol:
I hope this mystery is solved...how about, if any of you guys meet him be sure to ask if he was at the Grammys or not Lol

:huh:

If U2 were at the Grammys, pictures would have surfaced by now. Bono was in NY on Saturday night. There's pictures posted here in PLEBA. Bono is only "rumored" to be involved in the new "We Are The World" remake, right?

BonoFox do you live in the LA area cuz I read in an article that all the singers will be recording the song today at the "historic A&M complex in Hollywood."
And I do want to solve this "mystery". fakebono on twitter said he was in NY last night. so maybe Bono wasn't there, but then the other article mentioned above said that Bono was recruited last night at the Grammys....I can't imagine Bono showing up for the Grammys and not letting people take his picture :hmm:...maybe he was there, but was having a bad hair day and managed to avoid the photos...and people :lol:
I hope this mystery is solved...how about, if any of you guys meet him be sure to ask if he was at the Grammys or not Lol

Yeah, I live in the LA area, but I don't have time to check it out. I'm at work and after that I have other plans. We'll just have to wait to see if he shows up in some ics somewhere :)

Bono certainly was NOT at the Grammys, neither was anyone else from the band. Bono was in NY on Saturday and I'm sure he's still in NY. Edge was spotted in NY recently, so they might do some "business" there together. They are not in LA. And the band has not been invited to the Grammys because they 1. didn't perform and 2. didn't win anything. If any of U2 were at the Grammy, we would have seen them. Even if Bono was "only" backstage and at one of the Grammy parties, there would have been pictures. The man can not go anywhere without pictures appearing in the media.

And I'd take the "We are the world" story with a grain of salt. There have been several stories about a re-recording of WATW, with our without Bono, over the years.

thanks for the link!! I hope I didn't miss Bono! under the caption it doesn't mention that they've seen him yet

^ agreed. But I'm looking forward to the Meteor and Echo awards. If u2 doesn't even win a Meteor award then all these award things aren't fair. I hope they get a meteor and echo award:pray:

Back
Top Bottom