Bono + Edge + Booze

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How normal is it in Ireland for one person to be served multiple drinks at once? Because I have never seen that before.

Ever been to Canada? ;)

Very common..especially when you're dealing with Guinness. It takes a while to pour, so you order the next well before the first is finished..and, well I do anyways, you drink something else with it, ie a good scotch or something. So if you look closely at Bono's drinks..he's got a Guinness almost finished, the next round lined up, and he's got what's either some scotch or possibly brandy on the go also. In the course of that, someone sends over another round.

Looks good to me! :up:

bonodeniro2.jpg~original

I know it's part of the rock'n'roll lifestyle, but I've always admired them for not being THAT kind of rock stars who are making headlines mostly for their drug abuse.

Same here. U2 seem to be pretty responsible for the most part when it comes to drinking (Adam had his problems, but he was smart enough to see that he needed to change his ways). I don't drink because I have yet to find any alcohol that doesn't smell and taste like raw bread dough. But if U2 want to drink nasty yeast water, then I wish them and their livers all the best, even if I don't understand it at all. :yuck:

Domo, I think I could come up with a different reason to post that St Patrick's Day vid or its accompanying song every day for weeks.

Its the best right!? Love the whole spirit of it , no pun intended.
And the impromptu performance is great. Just Bono and Edge doing what they do best.

:D

I wish to the gods that I had pics to post, but--in the spirit of Sophia from "Golden Girls"-- picture it, Zoo-TV Outside Broadcast, mid-September 1992:

Fourth row.

B has a bottle of champagne which he brings to climax in a not at all suggestive fashion during "TTTYAATW".

The wind carries the spray into the audience. I'm wet...from champagne...from Bono.

18 year-old-me dies.

I wish to the gods that I had pics to post, but--in the spirit of Sophia from "Golden Girls"-- picture it, Zoo-TV Outside Broadcast, mid-September 1992:

Fourth row.

B has a bottle of champagne which he brings to climax in a not at all suggestive fashion during "TTTYAATW".

The wind carries the spray into the audience. I'm wet...from champagne...from Bono.

18 year-old-me dies.

So glad you revived! What city was this?

Back on topic....

I do believe this from TTTYAATW Rotterdam, and that there is a champagne bottle in Bono's hand. So it counts, right?

The video of them drunk at an Irish pub in 1992 accepting an award and making fun of Phil Collins is always one of my favorites.

Yes, he does. I've said before that I could find a reason to post this vid or its companion every day of the week. You found just another one!

Back
Top Bottom