Songs for MDH soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spectre

Babyface
I was just listening to the MDH soundtrack the other day and began wondering if the songs that Bono wrote, like Stateless, Falling at Your Feet and Never Let Me Go, were written specifically for the soundtrack or were they extra songs Bono had written along the way that he thought would suit the movie? Anybody know? Maybe heard Bono talk about this in an interview somewhere?

Why do I always ask questions nobody knows
confused.gif

I was wondering the same thing too. I feel like I am one of the only people in this world who owns the soundtrack. No one in real life ever knows what I am talking about.

I don't know all the answers to your questions, but it seems to me that at least the lead-off track TGBHF was something that could have gone either way - ie. U2 or MDH soundtrack. I recall reading/hearing in an interview that Bono asked the band if he could "have" it for the soundtrack. As far as the rest, just from the way they fit so perfectly into the MDH soundtrack, my guess would be that they were composed specifically for it (except obviously, for The First Time which was originally on Zooropa). But what do I know? lol. Hope that helps a little.
smile.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Thanks ya'll...Now that you mention that sulawesigirl4, I think I do remember reading that bit about TGBHF but its been so long I'd forgotten. I guess I'll just have to ask Bono himself if I want to know for sure about the others.

Oh it's the band and Bono alright. Here's the breakdown of the U2 involvement (per the liner notes).

-TGBHF (U2 with Daniel Lanois on pedal steel)
- Never Let Me Go (Bono and the MDH band)
- Stateless (U2)
- Falling at Your Feet (Bono and Daniel Lanois)
- The First Time (U2)
- Dancin' Shoes (Bono and the MDH band)
- Satellite of Love - Danny Saber Remix (additional vocals by Bono)
- Anarchy in the USA (additional musicians: Larry Mullen, Adam Clayton)

If you don't have this album....what are you waiting for? It's fantastic!
smile.gif

-sula

Back
Top Bottom