About WILATW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick76

Babyface
I have always liked a lot this song and I think it's one of the best in the album. I have also thought a little about the lyrics, because they seem rather interesting (as usual...) and also leaves a lot for interpretation.

There's one line that makes me think that this song has also a christian meaning and it's the part "you and your holy book...". This makes me think that the song is about Jesus and how he sees the world and the difference for us, who always have so much questions what is this life all about.

Keocmb said:
I hate acronyms. I don't even know what song you're talking about.

I hate those daggum acronyms too! }:C~

It took me a while, but the song is "When I Look At the World"

Now back to the discussion.... what was it??

goat

Keocmb said:
I hate acronyms. I don't even know what song you're talking about. :reject:

I hate also acronyms:) Actually there was already a thread for this song "When I look at the world", and I wanted to post to this thread and so the acronym wouldn't have been too difficult to decrypt. But as I'm a newcomer this wasn't too successful...

But anyway now we have this topic on top:)

go topic go

since you're new, let me explain

I only post useless posts

Patrick76 said:
I have always liked a lot this song and I think it's one of the best in the album. I have also thought a little about the lyrics, because they seem rather interesting (as usual...) and also leaves a lot for interpretation.

There's one line that makes me think that this song has also a christian meaning and it's the part "you and your holy book...". This makes me think that the song is about Jesus and how he sees the world and the difference for us, who always have so much questions what is this life all about.

At the beginning I thought he was talking about Ali...
Especially the image of the "waiting room", when "the rest of us choke"... makes me think about the place where dads-to-be wait for the nurses to call them and tell them their sons/daughters are born.

But maybe it's also a reference to the people who believes in God and sio have the opportunity to see the world in a different ways, in a way through the lens of grace.

I think it is a prayer of sorts asking to be able to see things the way He does and to have God's heart for all the pain in the world-even though he knows he can't attain perfection he still wants to try. It's almost like an apology for being who he is (a person who makes mistakes, even thoughwe all do) and for not understanding God's higher purpose for life, and he can't wait til he can be in fellowship with God in heaven and finally understand everything he didn't before. Right now he is still 'in the waiting room', or the world. Just my .02

Last edited:
'when your thoughts are too expensive, to ever want to keep."

WILATW (for all of you acronym lovers out there) inspired this article.

http:/ /www.relevantmagazine.com/article.php?sid=4438

Back
Top Bottom