What Do You Want To Read In a Book About Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Caroni...and yes, I want you to buy it and love it!

Val said:

What better audience would this question best be addressed to than that of Interference.com members?

have you tried the forum at u2.com?

I haven't, actually. I guess I should, but to tell you the truth, I haven't figured out how it works over there. Just too bloody comfortable here. It's a good place to be.

ps fancy meeting you here u2 man. It's nice to know you're speaking to me. lol

hcbiggs2002 said:
His cellphone number!! :drool:

:evil:

Sorry, couldn't resist, it was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title of the thread!! :rolleyes:

Hi hc...question...seriously, what would you ask him?

Val said:

Hi hc...question...seriously, what would you ask him?

Hi there Val! :wave: Seriously?!? Well, I've always wondered, with Bono being on the road and not just during U2s tours but because of his work fighting Aids, that he doesn't seem to spend very much time with his family (although I know that sometimes he takes them with him!), but how does his family feel about him, what at least seems to me, to him being a somewhat 'absent' father? :eyebrow: And how on earth does he find the time to devote this life to so many causes as well as being a father and husband? I mean, most of us mere mortals have trouble with just dealing with the normal mundane every day stuff, let alone be swizzing off to Davos one day and DC the next etc.!! :crack:

But seriously the cell phone number would do me just fine!!! :wink:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

Hi there Val! :wave: Seriously?!? Well, I've always wondered, with Bono being on the road and not just during U2s tours but because of his work fighting Aids, that he doesn't seem to spend very much time with his family (although I know that sometimes he takes them with him!), but how does his family feel about him, what at least seems to me, to him being a somewhat 'absent' father? :eyebrow: And how on earth does he find the time to devote this life to so many causes as well as being a father and husband? I mean, most of us mere mortals have trouble with just dealing with the normal mundane every day stuff, let alone be swizzing off to Davos one day and DC the next etc.!! :crack:

But seriously the cell phone number would do me just fine!!! :wink:

I've heard that ? numerous times. This book does not address any of his personal life, but does address his swizzing (never heard that saying, though it's catchy) off to places like Davos and then DC .
I am moving on the book, and will share more when I can. I am planning on including you all here at Interference in a very cool way. Thanks HC!

Val said:

I've heard that ? numerous times. This book does not address any of his personal life, but does address his swizzing (never heard that saying, though it's catchy) off to places like Davos and then DC .
I am moving on the book, and will share more when I can. I am planning on including you all here at Interference in a very cool way. Thanks HC!

I just realised I meant to say "whizzing" (to move very quickly), "swizzing" was just a major typo! :reject: I've always had problems with my English spelling!! :wink:

Looking forward to hearing more about your book! :hmm:

I am considering using a photo taken by a fan for my book.
If anyone has or knows of a high quality photo ( maximum pixels for digital photos) of Bono, preferably smiling, that was taken by a fan, please give me a shout. Thanks!

Val said:
Thank you, Biff. Knowing you are a big fan and feel ok with highlighting Bono's fun, light hearted side makes me feel confident that I'm on the right track.

You have to do in depth research on Bono's penchant for Nautical Kleptomania. He seems to have a habit of boat stealing. Willie Williams mentions the most recent escapade in his tour diary.

Dana

I just finished a section of my book, and am so excited. It came out so good. Could there be a better subject to write about than Bono! Fun, fun, fun!

I just had to share.

I will....but my eyeballs feel like they're falling out of my head from working on this computer and my hamstrings have shortened from sitting here.
But Bono motivates me, so I work on!

Thanks bonocomet for cheering me on!

That would feel like I was one of the disney characters in costume giving an autograph. lol

But I'm flattered you would ask. :wink:

^ :lol:

of course I'd like it signed by you! When do you think it will be finished? ( not tryin to rush you, just curious if you have a date set for yourself?)

Originally we were hoping to see it on the shelves by xmas. I'm still hoping for it, but a few things are taking a bit longer than expected. We're still making progress, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted for sure.

:up:
hohoho.gif

I want to wish Matt @U2.com good luck with his upcoming book. Save your pennies fellow U2 fans. I'm sure there's room on your bookshelf for both mine and Matt's book.

Last edited:
I have a great team working on it, and I'll know more in the next few weeks. It's going to be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom