Bono mention in crime novel...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2bmama

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
running down the road like loose electricity
I just picked up this book at the library today....The Naming of the Dead by Ian Rankin. There are 2 quotes before the first chapter, one of them from A.L. Kennedy and this one:

Write us a chapter we can be proud of.
-Bono, in a message to the G8

The book is dedicated "to everyone who was in edinburgh July 2, 2005" which was of course the day of Live 8 and also the G8 summit in gleneagles, scotland.

With that, I'm off to actually read the book now!

:ohmy: And the writer's name is Rankin? Coincidence???

Well, he was born in Scotland in 1960 so probably not any direct relation. Kind of depends on how common that last name is in Scotland or Ireland for that matter. If it's anything like being a Landry in Louisianna then it is probably meaningless.

Dana

Rankin is by no means a common name in Ireland...don't know about Scotland.

I remember reading an interview with Ian Rankin when he mentioned an early U2 gig among his favourite concerts.

I am really looking forward to reading that book. Just finished another Ian Rankin novel and I read quite a few before that. I do like them a lot. I knew that this one played during the G8 summit in Geneagles and was curious if Live 8 etc. would be mentioned so now that I know that Bono even gets mentioned, I think I will get the book in English and forget about waiting for the German paperback :)

Back
Top Bottom