Your Most Valuable U2 Item?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably this shirt picture below (front and back are the same). I can't remember what I paid for it on eBay. I'd never seen it before and haven't seen one since. The shirt is the same age as I am. When I went to the party at the Hard Rock in Cleveland before the U2 exhibit opened, someone offered to buy it from me for "any price". It's tissue-paper thin now because I wear it a lot. I'd love to buy another but it's a 24 year old shirt! They don't make shirts like they used to. I've worn it all the time and there are no holes and the neck didn't stretch. Also the silk screen image has not worn or peeled at all. Concert shirts are so cheaply made and outrageously over priced these days.

2409892157_ea7ee895ba.jpg

2409889607_9dd79827dd.jpg

Traveling Hearts Signed by author
U23 12" (not the first pressing, but worth a bit still)
First 2 U2 Paks
U2 Litho (JT remaster cover)
Dec 20th 1987 ticket stub signed
My Master Recordings
Original Programs from almost every tour I've seen (still need War, and maybe UF?)
All my TShirts (multiples from every tour)
Tons of other vinyl
Video/Photos of meeting the band

Probably not worth a lot, but:

Edge Elevation era guitar pick that he gave me during a concert.

A blow up trabant from the ZooTV concert
" lemon " PoP Mart concert

MFSL CDs of Joshua tree and War.

Original Programs from almost every tour I've seen (still need War, and maybe UF?

I've got a mint condition UF Tour program - bought at the Edinburgh Playhouse on Nov 5th 1984. You looking for one ?

I wish I still had all those t-shirts from way back. Dark green War tour t-shirt (same as Bono's from UABRS but with the dates on the back) & Longest Day shirt from Milton Keynes 1985 were my favourites but I had loads.

My prize possesions would be my War picture disc, my 7" double pack singles from 81, 83 and 84 and my original application forms to join the U2 fan club in 1984. Got a few books from back then as well.

The guitar pick that Dallas gave me after the Miami Vertigo show. He grabbed my hand, gave me the pick, held my hand and said "Bono was totally watching you, girl..." Pretty much priceless.:drool:

I also have the following litho's:

Achtung Baby album cover (Lost out to someone on eBay, luckily the seller had another one and offered it to me at the same price that I bidded)

U2:18 album cover (Got it framed from Christmas)

Joshua Tree remaster back cover version

Also some more interesting stuff:

All That You Can't Leave Behind Promo CD-R
God Part II Promo CD
Zooropa London dates tour poster (really cool with MacPhisto on it)
Zoo TV "The Final Frontier" t-shirt
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Aussie Tour version with cardboard slipcase that has the original dates on it.

Had an original U23 12-inch on vinyl. Saw one selling on Ebay for $1700. Shortly after, drove up to my parents house, where I kept all of my old records and discovered that my father sold all of my old records, probably for 50 cents a piece.

hahahaha fuck that's so harsh, what did you say :sad:

U23 signed by the band, and beside Bono's sig he wrote "Thank you Melissa, for the Dance!" THat's prob worth the most in both categories. I have U2 4 packs, lithos, picks from Elevation and Vertigo, a signed Popmart program.

To me sentimentally it's the pic Bono used to play One and Walk On with, ending the show in my hometown of DC on the Elevation tour. He put it in my hand at the end of the show, and when someone else tried to grab it he was very careful to make sure it went into the hand he wanted it to!

Also a pic of the two of us onstage where he drew a crown on my head and a cowboy hat on his!

Oh and the Time magazine from 87!

actually the trabants are pretty rare - rumoured to only be about 250 of them, but thats questionable and it's more like there are more than that. still not exactly common place though and a great item to have
is it still sealed?

..:: U2 Collectibles and Memorabilia - Silver & Gold - by U2 Wanderer.Org ::..

Yeah, a friend of mine bought it on ebay for me about 8 years ago. It's in its original packaging and in mint condition, although I don't remember seeing instructions with it as mentioned on the U2wanderer website. I'll have to look.

a separate hard drive loaded with U2 bootlegs from 1977 including nearly every show from every tour, early recordings, unreleased work, working tapes, all of their singles and albums. Priceless.

I finally posted more pics in my album on my profile page.
Here is a pic of my rare Popmart pins/keychains.

24920-albums87-picture1123.jpg

Aren't they pretty!

I have a poster, which was given to me by a friend. "Outside It's America" shot by Anton Corbijn. From 1985. It is a picture of Bono and a small Asian man is looking at him.

I have a poster, which was given to me by a friend. "Outside It's America" shot by Anton Corbijn. From 1985. It is a picture of Bono and a small Asian man is looking at him.

sounds cool. Pic please?

I'm sorry. I don't have a digital camera. So, I can't post a pic of it. But, I have it framed and it is hanging on my wall, above my desk.

My signed U2 by U2 book by all 4 memebers. I entered the contest on U2.com and was one of the 150 people choosen to attend.

I have some 12-inch vinyl singles from the Boy through UF era, including the Pride one with MLK Jr. on the cover, that I found at a garage sale for something like $1 each. Talk about buried treasure! I about keeled over when I saw them.

Back
Top Bottom