Which 2000s songs from 360 survive I+E cut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just really hope Invisible and Crystal Ballroom make the cut.

I expect Invisible to be a staple this tour (at least on one night of the 2 night show pairs if they do rotate set lists more than the expected 2-3 songs), and Crystal Ballroom will be played maybe 4-5 times in total, possibly in Boston, NYC, London, Dublin (if shows happen) and maybe one other city.

Stuck is a certainty I'm afraid. Remember how they played a new arrangement on the promo tour a few months back, and talked about how they'd finally figured out how to play it properly? They're obsessed with this song unfortunately.

BD and Vertigo are locks.

I highly doubt we'll see any NLOTH songs as regular tour staples, aside from the occasional one-off or a snippet. You could argue the alternate version of "Breathe" makes it into an acoustic set if they're doing a tribute to Mandela, yet "Ordinary Love" has probably taken that slot.

You know it won't.

Why would it stay around, though? It's not like anyone goes to a U2 concert saying "oh man, I hope they play BOOTZ!!!"

And this is coming from someone who likes Bootz.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Because they're probably still trying to defend its legitimacy as a song. If they weren't, it would've totally disappeared from 360, no? They axed a bunch of other (better) stuff.

Really? ________________________________________________. ___________________?

Fill in the blanks. I don't know what you're trying to say.

Really? ________________________________________________. ___________________?

Fill in the blanks. I don't know what you're trying to say.

Just because it survived the tour that supported that album doesn't mean a thing. Just look at Pop.

Yeah, the last time a lead single missed even a single concert on its debut tour was in 1989, when Desire missed one Lovetown show. The other examples are With or Without You missing the very first JT Tour show, and A Day Without Me and Fire not being played at all shows on the Boy or October Tours.

Other than that, lead singles have been permanent fixtures on the tour supporting their album.

So Boots surviving out the 360 Tour isn't particularly remarkable, nor is it much of a positive omen for live longevity.

Yeah, the last time a lead single missed even a single concert on its debut tour was in 1989, when Desire missed one Lovetown show. The other examples are With or Without You missing the very first JT Tour show, and A Day Without Me and Fire not being played at all shows on the Boy or October Tours.

Other than that, lead singles have been permanent fixtures on the tour supporting their album.

So Boots surviving out the 360 Tour isn't particularly remarkable, nor is it much of a positive omen for live longevity.

To be fair, 360 was a little bit different of a tour insofar as the late stages of it happened so far after NLOTH was released, and essentially supported the AB remaster instead of NLOTH. And yet Bootz remained.

But I still think that U2 would be stupid to ever cart it out again live. I like the song a lot, but who really goes to a U2 show wanting to hear it? Neither diehards nor casual fans.

I think history doesn't mean anything in this context. What does Desire or BD or any of that stuff have to do with anything. We are talking 15-25+ years ago at either of those points.

Right now, Bono and Co. want to believe they still make quality music. They want to be in touch with today. They probably want people to be about Boots.

I'd be really surprised if Boots was back. It's not like they desire to defend its legitimacy. Larry has openly been shitting on it.

Well, we will see. I hope you guys are right, because each song is precious space on their sets.

I just hope Bad finds its way as a regular.

To be fair, 360 was a little bit different of a tour insofar as the late stages of it happened so far after NLOTH was released, and essentially supported the AB remaster instead of NLOTH. And yet Bootz remained.

You could say a similar thing about the later stages of ZooTV as well though, and The Fly stayed. By the time that tour wrapped up, the album it was originally supporting was two years old (same with NLOTH/360) and a whole new album was out (even more substantial than remaster/360).

And, hell, there's Vertigo on Vertigo, a tour that by its end was more about supporting U2:18 - though of course the song Vertigo was going nowhere given its massive worldwide success.

I guess that's what distinguishes both The Fly/ZooTV and Vertigo/Vertigo from Boots/360: the former two were popular lead singles, while by 2011 did any casual punter even remember Boots?

I really hope GOYB survives and they give a freakin' rest to BD.

In the last tour when it had the "We love you" intro it was great, but everytime it strats with that cold opening, it sucks hard.

Theres is absolutely no way boots will replace BD. Ever ?

BD and Vertigo aren't going anywhere. I hope they retire SBS, Pride, and Elevation this tour. They're way overplayed.

They brought back Pride in 2010, and played it in the cities where there was more than one show, or in places where they hadn't visited in ages or ever. Then they played it at almost all of the North American shows in 2011. It deserves another rest.

I also agree that SBS and Elevation need a rest. We shall see in a few weeks.

We've been expecting Elevation to get a rest the last two tours, given that Vertigo fills its role effectively. It's still stuck around. I won't be shocked if it creeps into the I+E set.

BD and Vertigo aren't going anywhere. I hope they retire SBS, Pride, and Elevation this tour. They're way overplayed.

I have a feeling SBS will stay due to theme and the fact that they were playing around with its arrangement early last year... Just a theory

Sadly, I also expect SBS to be back in some form. Possibly acoustically paired with an acoustic version of RBW...idk. Just a thought.

Before 360, I thought that SBS deserved a rest. However, I really enjoyed what they did with it on 360. Then again, I actually liked the Crazy Tonight->SBS segue, which is both a) deeply unlikely to return and b) deeply unpopular here, so my opinion is probably meaningful to precisely no one other than me.

Acoustic SBS paired with acoustic RBW sounds like the single worst thing that U2 could inflict upon humanity on this tour, other than playing Glastonbury.

Elevation and Pride can take a rest. Pride is, and has always been, a rare U2 song that is better in studio than live.

I'm kinda just hoping every "innocence" show is them throwing out material mostly from Boy to Rattle & Hum, plus supporting SOI. And then every "experience" show goes from there on, also supporting SOI but perhaps paving road for SOE.

Such a concept would of course... totally fuck people with tickets to only one type of show given that they didn't announce what date would be what... but I think it would in some sense please everyone at the same time as pissing everyone off (classic Bono).

Back
Top Bottom