What U2 is Listening to Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's right. But I always "try" to get into music that most other people I know like. I always think something's wrong with me if I don't like it, but on the other hand I find myself liking stuff that other people can't stand. Everyone's telling me Arcade Fire's so great, but their music just doesn't appeal to me. I don't even like Wake Up if I listen to it as an Arcade Fire song. I only like it if I listen to it as a U2 into song :lol:

Well that's your own personal opinion and there's nothing wrong with you. If it doesn't appeal to you, it doesn't appeal to you. No use forcing it. :shrug:

And by the way, in many cases, you can only get "into" a band once you've seen them live. This was my experience once I saw Arcade Fire open for U2 and it was all downhill from there. I've seen them 6 times in total and they're my favourite band, even surpassing U2 (who will always be my sentimental favourite).

Meh. Suburbs does nothing for me, like Arcade Fire in general. I really tried to like it, but it just doesn't work, I cannot get into their music, though I liked some stuff from Funeral.

And the new Interpol is nowhere as good as Love to Admire, which I really love. I'll get to see them in Rome when they open for U2 and I'm really curious about their performance, but I think their new album is boring.

But if Bono (or anyone else here) likes it, that's just fine.

Haven't heard the new Interpol just yet; but I've noticed that Rolling Stone and other music media has been referring to Our Love to Admire as a critical flop. (??) When did this happen? Pace is the Trick & No I In Threesome, Wrecking Ball are some of my favorites!

Haven't heard the new Interpol just yet; but I've noticed that Rolling Stone and other music media has been referring to Our Love to Admire as a critical flop. (??) When did this happen? Pace is the Trick & No I In Threesome, Wrecking Ball are some of my favorites!

Really? I don't know, I like the album a lot.

Well that's your own personal opinion and there's nothing wrong with you. If it doesn't appeal to you, it doesn't appeal to you. No use forcing it. :shrug:

Exactly :).

And by the way, in many cases, you can only get "into" a band once you've seen them live. This was my experience once I saw Arcade Fire open for U2 and it was all downhill from there. I've seen them 6 times in total and they're my favourite band, even surpassing U2 (who will always be my sentimental favourite).

I saw an Arcade Fire concert on TV a while back, footage of them from the Austin City Limits festival. I liked what I saw, they put on a really good show.

Sometimes people's opinions and tastes can change over time, too. What appealed to you at one time may not anymore, and what you once didn't like you may one day love. But yeah, any feelings for music should be natural and genuine, nobody should ever be forced to like or dislike anything just to fit in.

Angela

Excellent lists with a couple I haven't heard of... might have to check em out. anyone know about MT. Desolation or Tired Pony?

I really want to dance with Larry to the DJ Megaman and Panic City remix I have of Airplanes. It kind of makes me super happy that he listed that song :lol:

Back
Top Bottom