Vertigo 2005 is Coming Out on Blu-ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kennerado

Refugee
Hey guys,

I bought Oasis - Lord Don't Slow Me Down on Blu-ray and it had on the insert some music blu's coming out. The Vertigo 2005 cover is on there, too bad the show was average. At least we get a new U2 HD release.

Hmm... they have two pro-shots they could release (Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires), a totally unreleased filmed show (one of the Croke Park nights), the rest of the Milano show, countless hours of leftover U23D footage, soundboard recordings of every show and rehearsal, and possibly more. Keep it coming. :hyper:

Hmm... they have two pro-shots they could release (Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires), a totally unreleased filmed show (one of the Croke Park nights), the rest of the Milano show, countless hours of leftover U23D footage, soundboard recordings of every show and rehearsal, and possibly more. Keep it coming. :hyper:

you will be lucky if 1% of that comes out

Erm screw Chicago, I want to see Boston and Slane and Sydney and Mexico City from their other tours get the HD treatment.

Just what we need... another release from the Vertigo/Atomic Bomb era. Can the band move on from that already?

to be fair... a reissue on a new format is a bit different than if they released a new vertigo concert on DVD.

if a new audio format came out tomorrow that had the audio quality of CD or FLAC but was as small in size as mp3, wouldn't you want U2 to put out all of their albums in this new, awesome format? of course you would.

Erm screw Chicago, I want to see Boston and Slane and Sydney and Mexico City from their other tours get the HD treatment.

Slane is the only one of those that could have possibly been recorded in HD.

like digize said - that's not possible (if you mean ZooTV Syndey) But what is possible: the Lovetown Sydney MTV Special - it was filmed in 35 mm. So that could be easily been transformed into a Blue Ray and I really would loved that - it has been so wonderful filmed.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=0ubsw6FS6qs

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sP8F_ECwjTw&feature=related

to be fair... a reissue on a new format is a bit different than if they released a new vertigo concert on DVD.

if a new audio format came out tomorrow that had the audio quality of CD or FLAC but was as small in size as mp3, wouldn't you want U2 to put out all of their albums in this new, awesome format? of course you would.

I honestly don't see much difference between lossy and lossless audio. I think people get hung up on that too much...just enjoy the actual song thats playing instead of how it's being delivered.

Yeah I am all for getting material onto HD (because that is a noticable difference between standard def and high def to me) just because that will become the new standard for the next decade. I am just tired of seeing new Vertigo era material... I am kinda over it.

Lets hope that at least they include progressive video on this one!!! All the interlaced DVDs they put out look like crap on HDTVs and computer screens!!!

Back
Top Bottom